Late intro / sell me on a NOX, please?

Equinox

Hello everone . I have been metal detecting over 40 years, here is my take on the Equinox. I have a equinox and a few other detectors . Here in Central pa we hunt mainly coins and relics. The nox is a fast and light detector but I don't see anything special in it. My Garrett At pro with the ultimate coil is just as deep and just as fast and has a way better target id with id numbers to 100. the nox only goes to 40 and that lumps a lot of targets into a small area also the garrett pinpoints better. I also have a Whites mx Sport the Sport is just as fast as the nox and has better tones, and a way better target id and better pinpointing to. With the ultimate coil on the Sport it is way deeper than both the nox or the AT. The nox is more sensitive to real small gold items like earrings and way more stable around salt water. The Nox Is way over hyped don't be fooled into spending your money by a Great marketing strategy if you have use for it the nox is a good detector but not a end all by any means. I hope this helps someone

Doin it

I've decided to get a Nox.
I have access to a lot of beaches and I need to bridge the gap between my Sand Shark and Ace 350.
Dealers, please pm me with a killer deal.

Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of good detectors on the market at present. I have both an AT Pro and a Nox 600. I can say from my experience that both have good and bad points. That being said, ( YOU ) need to sell yourself on your choice. Lots of good videos on the internet that can give you some ideas. I will also say that if you decide on the Nox, buy the 800 because you have a lot more options to tweak the machine. I know they are hard to get right now.

Reviews I've read have me interested in it but I'm holding off at least a year to see how these thing hold up over time. I do alot of woods hunting in thick brush. Not exactly gentle with my machine.

Reviews I've read have me interested in it but I'm holding off at least a year to see how these thing hold up over time. I do alot of woods hunting in thick brush. Not exactly gentle with my machine.

That is all I have been hunting with the 800. Boy scout camps and state park that is all woods. I am hitting this thing against trees and beating it up pretty good and no problems yet. In another month I will be drowning it.

So far I am impressed with the critter. Lighter than my E-Trac and able to swing it longer. Two pluses. I will keep beating it up that is for sure.

I am still on the fence on the NOX only because i already have two very good machines that have been very good to me. Both of them have reimbursed me far more than my investment. That does not count the pleasure i get from the hobby and the exercise which is badly needed.

But Purchase the Machine You want. Learn to use it. Then enjoy the hobby.

That's actually the one I was confusing with the Javelin
One in the same? No/yes, a bit confusing.
AMX: 1968/70 2-seater.
Javelin AMX: 1971/74
Javelin 1968/1974

Sometimes folks that own one might be looking at a NOX in their future. :cool:

Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of good detectors on the market at present. I have both an AT Pro and a Nox 600. I can say from my experience that both have good and bad points. That being said, ( YOU ) need to sell yourself on your choice. Lots of good videos on the internet that can give you some ideas. I will also say that if you decide on the Nox, buy the 800 because you have a lot more options to tweak the machine. I know they are hard to get right now.

Tweaking options if you are an extreme hunter or prospector otherwise IMO it is a waste of time to wait for an 800, you will not get one any time soon. 600's on the other hand are available today. Get a 600 take the extra months you would be waiting for an 800 to learn the Equinox, then when an 800 is available in Summer 2019:laughing: sell the 600 and get an 800. I would be willing to bet money that quite a few of these 800 owners if they had bought a 600 first would be happy as heck with the 600. Also the wireless headphones are more of a novelty, you can use any (Better) Bluetooth headphones then what comes with these machines. I have paired my sons Beats Studio2 headphones with my 600 just to test...oh how sweeet they sound, but had to give them back:lol: Otherwise I have seen what looks to be the exact same wireless headphones but without ML logo for $49 - $59. Its up to you. I'm not a patient person and did not want to be learning a new machine in the middle of Summer, which that could be a pipe dream of having an 800 by then at this slow rate of order fulfillment. Buy and learn the 600, flawless transition to an 800...same machine, same VDI's, tones...just a a few more settings adjustments available, if even needed! Resist the 800 hype, you will love the 600 if you like Minelab machines, and no wait!!!!

GL & HH

Back
Top Bottom