At a 100 year old private camp, need help

darnock

Hello, I'm up in the mountains in SC, I'm relic hunting with an AT pro and I'm dealing with a place that has a ton of things in the ground. I get readings almost everywhere. What can I do if anything to avoid iron and worthless trash? I'm very new at this and would love any tips.

if your relic hunting, certain iron pieces are worth digging.I don't own a AT pro but someone will be along to help you.

Unfortunately the only way to avoid it is to keep walking until your detector quiets up.
If I'm hunting a thick iron heavy trash area I use the 5x8 coil, run on pro zero with no discrimination at least for a while so I can find out where the iron thins out. First thing is find a peace of ground that's more quiet, turn your sensitivity down & ground balance the machine.
Then turn the sensitivity back up. If you don't want to hear all the iron you can run the discrimination up to 25 or so. Just go slow & dig all repeatable mid & high tones.
The more you dig the more you'll learn about your machine. I've done well with the pro. Good luck!

Just remember, the more you dig, the more you will remove exposing things buried deeper. Sometimes you have to remove a ton of trash to get to the good stuff. Good luck on your quest.;)

Think about the site, eyeball the terrain...what went on there 100yrs ago?...let the 'dirt finds' teach you if you are in the right drop zones for the targets you seek...the location will speak to you and what you are finding should dictate your strategy/efforts...your settings, disc, all that..its like unraveling a puzzle...pure Fun to figure out an old location!..GL and HH!

Unfortunately the only way to avoid it is to keep walking until your detector quiets up.
If I'm hunting a thick iron heavy trash area I use the 5x8 coil, run on pro zero with no discrimination at least for a while so I can find out where the iron thins out. First thing is find a peace of ground that's more quiet, turn your sensitivity down & ground balance the machine.
Then turn the sensitivity back up. If you don't want to hear all the iron you can run the discrimination up to 25 or so. Just go slow & dig all repeatable mid & high tones.
The more you dig the more you'll learn about your machine. I've done well with the pro. Good luck!

+1

Back
Top Bottom