Knife geeks? What do you carry?

knives

I've got several regular folding knives including the Swiss Army style, but a very useful one is a multi-tool folding knife, and a survival knife with neat supplies in the handle.

I don't have a picture right now of my folding multi-tool but it is something similar to this (I should have at least 2 multi-tool knives)
View attachment 407129

Here is the survival knife I have, it was only $9.99 (obviously this one would be not be carried on you all the time :lol:)

https://www.harborfreight.com/8-inch-hunting-survival-knife-90714.html

View attachment 407130

I have several knives i use depending on where i am detecting, don't like to bring any that are to big any where near tot lots. I have one i favor that is about like Gary's survival knife. I brought it back from the Philippines and it is pretty heavy duty.

Thanks David! It wasn't expensive at all. I think I've got about $35 in it.

I've got several CFK blades. In this pic the bottom two on the right, and the first, fourth, and fifth on the left are all CFK's. (what appear to be scratches on some blades are only reflections)
Most Fixed Blades.jpg

knives

I've got several CFK blades. In this pic the bottom two on the right, and the first, fourth, and fifth on the left are all CFK's. (what appear to be scratches on some blades are only reflections)
View attachment 408098
looks like you have some thing for every occasion.

Philippine's bolo knives

View attachment 408098

you would probably like some of the knives they hand make in the Philippines in their black smith shops. https://www.bing.com/images/search?...pvt=philippine+bolo+knives+for+sale&FORM=IGRE

I always have one on me.... Most of the time its a Kershaw folding knife and a letterman. I would post a picture but haven’t figured that out yet.:roll:

View attachment 408098

I really like the look of that wood scaled Damascus Longhair. Nice collection!

I use a custom made knife that I occasionally carry, made by an American down here, nice quality pieces.

That's the prettiest thing I've seen in a while. I had a large collection of pocket knives at one time. Got rid of them years ago,..too hard to keep clean...just really more of a gun guy. But this did get my attention,...May have to get a quote on one. Went to the guys website,...he also does some custom work with old coins,.. go figure lol.

That's the prettiest thing I've seen in a while. I had a large collection of pocket knives at one time. Got rid of them years ago,..too hard to keep clean...just really more of a gun guy. But this did get my attention,...May have to get a quote on one. Went to the guys website,...he also does some custom work with old coins,.. go figure lol.

Yeah, he does some really nice work, and is a super nice guy in person. Very meticulous about where he sources his wood, bone, horn and the silver coins he inlays as well.
http://www.jdwareknives.com/

My everyday carry is a Camillus TL-29 Electricians knife. Great steel that holds a keen edge, sharpens easy and locks open good and tight even without a mechanical lock. ( though the screwdriver blade does lock mechanically ) I started carrying it 12 years ago when I lost my old school Barlow.

Attachments

• 20180314_130659.jpg
    20180314_130659.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 137
I'm a big fan of SOG. I have a Trident and Aegis. I carry the Trident more than the other, especially because of the groove in the handle so I can cut line without opening it on a rocky boat.

Attachments

• sog_ae02-cp_1.jpg
    sog_ae02-cp_1.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 86
  • sog_tf1-cp_1_2.jpg
    sog_tf1-cp_1_2.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 87
IMG_3134-600x463-1.jpg

it ain't fancy, it ain't "tactical", but it's built to last and cuts like a laser. Dirt cheap too. you wont find a better knife at twice the price....

Back
Top Bottom