Gold Panning anybody?

fishnnut

Forum Supporter
I know this is a MD site but curious if anybody has ever tried gold panning? Seems like it would be kinda fun but maybe between having a hard time finding a legal place to go and investing in a lot of equipment it wouldn't be worth it? Wonder were it's legal to go? That Alaska gold rush show is kinda interesting but they better find a lot of gold for what it would cost to get all that equipment up there and operating costs would have to kill a guy i would think. Looks like on a small scale in some hilly streams in the US may be kinda interesting. Anybody try it on here? Probably pays 10 cents an hour but that would be better than my 5 cents an hour I make MD..... :laughing:

I know this is a MD site but curious if anybody has ever tried gold panning? Seems like it would be kinda fun but maybe between having a hard time finding a legal place to go and investing in a lot of equipment it wouldn't be worth it? Wonder were it's legal to go? That Alaska gold rush show is kinda interesting but they better find a lot of gold for what it would cost to get all that equipment up there and operating costs would have to kill a guy i would think. Looks like on a small scale in some hilly streams in the US may be kinda interesting. Anybody try it on here? Probably pays 10 cents an hour but that would be better than my 5 cents an hour I make MD..... :laughing:

A few of us one here do it. Heres a link to another thread on it.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=102167

If you are interested in it , you may have a local chapter of the GPAA ( gold prospectors of america association ) , or some other prospecting club. Look it up on the internet. There are plenty of videos of it on youtube. In most locations , it dont pay by the hour :lol: , or at all half the time , but you can have fun finding gold.

Good Advice!

A few of us one here do it. Heres a link to another thread on it.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=102167

If you are interested in it , you may have a local chapter of the GPAA ( gold prospectors of america association ) , or some other prospecting club. Look it up on the internet. There are plenty of videos of it on youtube. In most locations , it dont pay by the hour :lol: , or at all half the time , but you can have fun finding gold.

Join a club! that is THE way to learn!

Terry Soloman, COO - Arizona Gold Adventures Inc
http://www.ArizonaGoldAdventures.com

Thanks guys for the info. I am sure not much for gold around ND but I have a son that lives in the Black hills of SD and I would imagine there is some shiny stuff around there but don't know where it would be legal to go. Guess I would have to do some diggin on that part. Most of the hills I know tho are considered public but that may be different when it comes to panning idk.... It was just a brainstorm....:lol:

Thanks guys for the info. I am sure not much for gold around ND but I have a son that lives in the Black hills of SD and I would imagine there is some shiny stuff around there but don't know where it would be legal to go. Guess I would have to do some diggin on that part. Most of the hills I know tho are considered public but that may be different when it comes to panning idk.... It was just a brainstorm....:lol:

I was going to suggest the Black Hills. I have some friends out west that have done pretty well there. Couldn't tell you where though. Usually people who find Gold won't disclose. For good reason. I have tried panning a little around here w/no results. May try Vermont/New Hampshire later this year. Good luck....Curt:grin:

Back
Top Bottom