Gold Coin Club. Who has found a Gold Coin or Coins? Please do tell and a lil story and pic please TY.

TN_INDIAN

Forum Supporter
Ok theres a rumur going around that theres some guys or guy on here that has found a Gold Coin or Coins but wishes to not tell anyone... can you please pm me and tell me who you are and maybe a lil story to go along with it please? You can keep the location secret and even the country or state I don't care. I just would love to know who all is in the Gold coin club. That's my dream goal is to find just 1 Gold Coin. And I will never tell anyone else whoever you are. like Cancur I will never forget the day he found his Gold Coin in Nevada. Thanks guys and please step forward if u wanna you can pm me that's cool as well. Btw anyone can post there story and pic of there gold coin or coins found. I find this stuff VERY interesting.

you know my story but I have a friend that I have hunted with one time ( hes always busy)
he has found a few gold coins
he found a little box with 2 20$ 2 10$ and a couple of other gold coins in it
somewhere in northern calif
seems like he found a 5$ in sac in a sidewalk strip

Didn't know there was a 'gold coin club'. I've found many mostly between the 1960's and early 80's. Last gold I found was in northern Maine August 1984. I don't hunt like I used to any more but I don't think the places I found stuff would be of use now. I never talk about where I go or the research techniques to locate potential hunt sites. I have passed on general advice as to locations of interest to others after I've satisfied myself of a particular site. I don't mind fellow MDer's checking a site after I'm done with it, if I know them. I've hunted in 26 states and 3 countries out side the US. I have prospected and mined in 2 states. If I were in my 20's instead of 70's I'd work a gold claim in either Nevada or Alaska. Matter of fact I'd do both. Gold season in Alaska is short, work the Nevada claim rest of the time.

Didn't know there was a 'gold coin club'. I've found many mostly between the 1960's and early 80's. Last gold I found was in northern Maine August 1984. I don't hunt like I used to any more but I don't think the places I found stuff would be of use now. I never talk about where I go or the research techniques to locate potential hunt sites. I have passed on general advice as to locations of interest to others after I've satisfied myself of a particular site. I don't mind fellow MDer's checking a site after I'm done with it, if I know them. I've hunted in 26 states and 3 countries out side the US. I have prospected and mined in 2 states. If I were in my 20's instead of 70's I'd work a gold claim in either Nevada or Alaska. Matter of fact I'd do both. Gold season in Alaska is short, work the Nevada claim rest of the time.

You have found more then 1 gold coin?

Yes TN I've found 11 US gold coins and 3 spanish reales. My wife has found 5 US gold coins and 1 spanish reale. Most of those gold coins were found in the 60's. 7 of the were found in a cache at one time.

I have found many gold coins.... and I'll share the location even. The internet. I often search just to dream and drool. Grats to those who have been fortunate enough to find these dream finds.

I found one in a ring 5 Yuan China Panda. Some folks like to categorize gold coin finds as modern or period....jewelry and not. While I would love to find an old gold coin dropped in 1885 I have to say finding the 1/20 ounce coin in a ring was pretty exciting.

I found one and it's an oldie!

I've found one gold coin in over 30 years of detecting and it was last February while detecting in England. I was there for 7 days and I dug it on my last day. It's a very rare 70 B.C. celtic gold quarter stater. The only one of this type that they have found or seen in the club I belong to over there.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I really hope to find a U.S. gold coin some day!! :yes:

Awesome guys but im sure theres more... theres someone here on the forums that has found one r more but wishes to keep quiet about it. Please pm me the story and good chance I know ya. We all family here thanks!

You can add digger27 to the list by next January! Lol.... Im doing a lot of traveling and will have my coil over a lot of mid 1800's sites this year. You never know!

I have only found 1 gold coin but not while detecting. I was replacing part of a damaged wooden floor in a bar in Custer, SD and found a 20 dollar gold coin under that floor back in 1986.

Gold Club

I have been metal detecting for five years. I have been hunting a friends property in Henrico, VA. Two weeks ago I took out my AT Pro I got for Christmas and found an 1885 S $5 GOLD coin. Normally I find a lot of clad, a little silver, and civil war relics. It really took me by surprise!

Attachments

• 20140110_170421.jpg
    20140110_170421.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 785
HOLLY SMOKES YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME! Awesome just awesome. Keep them coming in THANKS. my time is coming I just know it. And btw I would say that digger27 is the one that found a gold coin r coins and is the one kepping it hush hush just IMHO...... Cmon whoever you are and I think its a reg on here please come out the closet with a lil story. We will tell no one... We all family here. Thanks guys.

One will be hard to find for me because my area was weaned off Gold coins early and most circulated out West.

I'm in as good a place as I can hope for though, if anybody carried Gold coins back in the day it was probably here.

I have found one gold coin and it was in Los Angeles in an old barrio area park. Total shock when I found it. I have been told that the hole in it was more than likely to hide it from thieves as folks crossed the border back in the day.

front.jpg
back.jpg

It is a 20 Peso from Mexico and is about the size of a $10 gold eagle.

Greg

Back
Top Bottom