Ever owned a detector you just didnt click with?

All the Ace series detectors automatically ground balance and they are not just for youths. They are tough and simple and take the work out of using a metal detector. Some of us love them.. Oh and they are yellow so they dont get lost, all of its made is the USA and Mr. Garrett traveled the world testing his machines to make sure he made them right..so there.

I would have to say that mine has fixed ground balance, and the short arm cuff (thus youth) and heavy coil makes it extremely nose heavy which does add work to its use. Made in the US is a plus though. Please do enjoy yours.

I would have to say that mine has fixed ground balance, and the short arm cuff (thus youth) and heavy coil makes it extremely nose heavy which does add work to its use. Made in the US is a plus though. Please do enjoy yours.

Thank you...

Tejon, My first Two hunts on a Active Sports Fields, I ended up with 10 nails and 10 coins in my pouch?.

No matter what disc setting I had. I'm sure it's a fine Machine, I really wanted to like the Tejon to.

F70 had steep learning curve for me,that 11 inch coil was hard to pinpoint
Stock coil way better,however it seperated iron very well!

For me it was the AT-Pro.
After owning Fischers and Minelabs, I just couldn't get past the obnoxious audio.

I've wondered about the AT-Gold. Anymore I tend to prefer threshold based machines anyway, so I might be able to get along with an AT-G, but I'll likely never know.

Funny enough, the T2SE. I'm a relic hunted deep in CW territory and have used the F75SE for years. Thought I'd try the T2 as it's supposedly more of a relic machine than the F75 due to a wider low end disc. No dice. Though I know it's nearly the same machine it just felt off. Falsey and unstable. I know it's just my exp with the Fisher but there you have it.

I've since begun to use the Deus a lot more in fields and nail beds because it's deeper all around than either T2 or F75 in my soil conditions and faster to boot. When the soils mild and I'm looking for a change the F75 is still a beast on the minieballs.

I had 2 Minelabs. I tried for 2 years with them. All that music drove me crazy. More crazy than I am. I could not have sold them fast enough. Went back to my old detectors. Now I am a happy camper... KEN

I had 2 Minelabs. I tried for 2 years with them. All that music drove me crazy. More crazy than I am. I could not have sold them fast enough. Went back to my old detectors. Now I am a happy camper... KEN
Ok what are they? Now I gotta know.

I would have to pick the Ace 400, the youth detector with the adult coil, no ground balance. and features (discrimination) that is worthless.

All hobby detectors have to ground balance, otherwise you are going to get drown out in the ground matrix noise. Not only that, you will get odd readings on things, silver coming up as iron, etc.

All hobby detectors have to ground balance, otherwise you are going to get drown out in the ground matrix noise. Not only that, you will get odd readings on things, silver coming up as iron, etc.

There is a difference between "automatic (adjustable) ground balance" and "fixed" ground balance. The Ace has ground balance that is set for sweeter soil (fixed) and the worse the soil the lower you have to run the sensitivity thus you loose most of your depth. If you are fortunate to live in an area where you are dealing with sweeter soil then you will not have the problem as you said "getting drown out in the ground matrix noise". Those who have to cross different soil types should choose a detector that can be tuned to that condition the best it can. In some cases even the best of the best still have difficulties seeing down into bad soil. As you said "all hobby detectors have ground balance" it is just that I meant that the 400's is locked to the better soils and looses its ability to balance its self to meaner soils.

Tejon, My first Two hunts on a Active Sports Fields, I ended up with 10 nails and 10 coins in my pouch?.

I don't believe a lot of players carry coins or anything like that while playing. Around here hunting anything other than the sidelines would get you in trouble.

For me it was the Makro Racer. Way too much hype when it came out and not much to back up the talk. It was deep on coins but it LOVED foil!
Another was the MX Sport. To tell the truth I really did not give it alot of time but just had this feeling that I did not like it. Now with all the issues they are having with it I am glad I sold it. May get another when all the bugs are worked out and it starts getting some rave reviews.

When I bought my first Teknetics back in the early '80's I felt the same way. The audio discrimination on them has more tones than anything today. It about drove me crazy and didn't make any sense to me. I was about ready to get rid of it but after about two weeks it suddenly clicked and I could understand what it was telling me. After that I didn't even have to look at the meter to know when I had a good find. By looking at the meter I could tell silver from clad. I can't do that with any of my newer detectors.

Back
Top Bottom