The silver keeps coming

PAdiggerTom

Well I've been lucky this week. One of my uncles came in town and wanted to do some digging. So we figured out where to go and headed that way. Made the treck to the spot and strated. Now I found some shot CW bullets there and some Indian heads laying ontop of the ground at this spot. I stated pulling my bullets out, all shot tho. I was dying of thirst at this point and was over digging shotgun tabs. When to where the trail goes back down to where we need to go and poked around there waiting on them to finish. Got a signal that read in the 70s
( tecknetics T2 SE ). That's about what my bullets are reading so i thought I had another one. Pulled the plug and was in the plug, grabbed a hand full and had it in my hand but didn't feel that weight. Got down to the last pinch and seen roundness, thought I had a half dime but pulled some dirt off and see the III on it. Holy cow my first trime... couldn't believe it. This is a good week for me.

Attachments

• IMG_5614.jpg
    IMG_5614.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_5616.jpg
    IMG_5616.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_5617.jpg
    IMG_5617.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Good week for me too . A couple of firsts .. and a trime would be another first if I can get my coil over one..GLH

Good week for me too . A couple of firsts .. and a trime would be another first if I can get my coil over one..GLH

Small coin man, this was in the woods so only a few inches down. Further than that it'd be hard to pick out. Get in good spot you dig everything as I'm sure you already know

Congrats on the Trime. Sill on my bucketlist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well heck yeah! Congratulations on the 3 cent silver. Can you make out the date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats ! great save. Thats a must have for just about all of us. Looks like you're on a good streak, keep it up. HH Mark

Well heck yeah! Congratulations on the 3 cent silver. Can you make out the date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, all I can see is a 7, this was a spot where CW troops dug in so I'm assuming it's a 1857

Those 3 cent silvers are very tough to find ! (at least this side of the Mississippi ! Doh!) . Congratz.

Back
Top Bottom