Bad experience with Minelab ProFind 35...Help?

Buellride

Forum Supporter
So I was water detecting and had my Pro Find 35 fall out of its pouch into the water and didn't notice for a few minutes it was dragging behind me in the water. I discovered it was behind me because it was ringing non-stop.

It is SUPPOSED TO BE WATERPROOF to 10 feet!!! :mad:

Instead I found myself opening the battery cap and seeing water pour out of the pinpointer.

Question, anyone else had a ProFind 35 fail??

Any luck with Minelab to get it replaced?

Going to ask other water detectorists the same question.

Thanks in advance.

I have a pro find 35 and no issues. I am sure minelab will warranty replace if it’s a factory issue. I’m curious. It sounds like you have it tethered. What tether are you using? Is it the one designed for a Garrett?

I have a pro find 35 and no issues. I am sure minelab will warranty replace if it’s a factory issue. I’m curious. It sounds like you have it tethered. What tether are you using? Is it the one designed for a Garrett?

Just some 5150 cord, I use a retractable set up when I SCUBA.

I just had ML replace mine that leaked with out any issue. only about a week turn around. just call them and they'll give you a RMA. my leak was probably my fault. I hadn't greased the O ring and used a metal ring(to attach the retainer cable) between the cap and the body of the PP which probably caused the leak..

So I was water detecting and had my Pro Find 35 fall out of its pouch into the water and didn't notice for a few minutes it was dragging behind me in the water. I discovered it was behind me because it was ringing non-stop.

It is SUPPOSED TO BE WATERPROOF to 10 feet!!! :mad:

Instead I found myself opening the battery cap and seeing water pour out of the pinpointer.

Question, anyone else had a ProFind 35 fail??

Any luck with Minelab to get it replaced?

Going to ask other water detectorists the same question.

Thanks in advance.

I just had ML replace mine that leaked with out any issue. only about a week turn around. just call them and they'll give you a RMA. my leak was probably my fault. I hadn't greased the O ring and used a metal ring(to attach the retainer cable) between the cap and the body of the PP which probably caused the leak..

Thank you Pan4au! I was just getting ready to call them. Thanks!

That’s what I was wondering. I didn’t use the metal ring on my seal and now I am glad I didn’t. I used the metal ring to attach it to my belt and just clipped the other end to the short lanyard that came with the pro 35.

I had hunted in the water several time b4 it leaked. I am not using it on the replacement.. I using the lanyard that came with it and have my coiled cable hooked to it..

Same happened to me. Had it on my belt in the holster walking through waist / chest deep water. Water leaked into it & ruined it. Minelab replaced it. The new one I put some silicone grease around the o ring to hopefully give more integrity to the seal. So far, no issues with the replacement.

That’s what I was wondering. I didn’t use the metal ring on my seal and now I am glad I didn’t. I used the metal ring to attach it to my belt and just clipped the other end to the short lanyard that came with the pro 35.

I had hunted in the water several time b4 it leaked. I am not using it on the replacement.. I using the lanyard that came with it and have my coiled cable hooked to it..

Same happened to me. Had it on my belt in the holster walking through waist / chest deep water. Water leaked into it & ruined it. Minelab replaced it. The new one I put some silicone grease around the o ring to hopefully give more integrity to the seal. So far, no issues with the replacement.

Thanks Gents! I contacted them and they issued me a RMA and should hopefully have the replacement by 1 AUG. I guess I will stick to land only with the 35 and my SCUBA certified PP for any water work. I have faith in ML's CS :D

Thanks Gents! I contacted them and they issued me a RMA and should hopefully have the replacement by 1 AUG. I guess I will stick to land only with the 35 and my SCUBA certified PP for any water work. I have faith in ML's CS :D
ML CS is great.....

Minelab is top notch in the detector business, but missed the mark with the profind pinpointer IMO. I went back to the carrot and it never lets me down. Hope ML resolves your issue, they have always been good to me!

Minelab is top notch in the detector business, but missed the mark with the profind pinpointer IMO. I went back to the carrot and it never lets me down. Hope ML resolves your issue, they have always been good to me!

For land fishing I really like the ProFind 35, for water/beach action I am partial to another brand :cool:

Back
Top Bottom