Some swings, some hits and some misses...

Monkeys Uncle

The following hits-n-misses are the results from a cpl of short hunts along the banks of the Llano river bed. The Sacagawea dollar, revolver cyclinder (starter pistol), Three Merry Widow's tin, Case knife and 'split' 2-bits were all 'firsts' for yours trully. The two halves of the GW were about 10 paces from one another. Having found one...never expected to locate the other. The pic with 3 rings at top - 2 are junk but the 'lower' or 'closer' one is sterling, .925.

Second pic (2 rings), the wedding band is copper (?), not stamped but was probably gold plated whereas the other ring with stones is likewise plated - stamped 10KP and has a diamond shaped hallmark that I can't read/ID. Thanks for looking and HH!
100714.jpg

100614.jpg

Well done on the silver and the junk rings are still nice finds. I recently learned what was kept inside the 3 widows tins :shock: Not a brand sold here!

Hey!!!

HOLD THEM HORSES NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS ON YOUR GOLD!!

10KP= 10K plumb/exactly 10 karats....

Nice work!

<*)))>{

Yea...I'd read other posts that mentioned "Three Merry Widows" but didn't make the connection until I got home with mine and searched the internet. Couldn't help but laugh when reading they contained "1920'ish" condoms. ;)

This is where the phrase....

"Well I'll be a monkey's uncle!!"

Came in...

<*)))>{

Ice Scratcher...thanks for the correction, i.e., "KP" meaning Karat Plumb or pure 10k, not 'plated'. Didn't know that. Internet search confirmed. I was about to move the ring to the 'junk' pile. Thanks again!

Stones (small as they are) may be real as well. Two small emeralds and one miniscule diamond????? :shock:

PS - I think the diamond hallmark has "VIP" inside.

Not to mention, 'threesomes' were ALWAYS the other guy's story...never-ever mine! :roll: lol
:lol:

Sticking with topic here-
Yeah and the Op is sharing his story which I would too if I were in his position. I didn't detect back in the old days so they would know more about that and how frequent of an occurrence it was. Even three in a short period of time is somewhat unbelievable.

Back
Top Bottom