Finds dump: Got me a fidget, and some other junk...

MrNovice

Forum Supporter
I had to break from hunting for awhile and do some work on the house this summer, but since that is half donkey completed...I'm able to do a little detecting again. Nothing great but about 2 weeks worth: a fidget (1st whole one for me), 3 weak fake rings, a few pendants, junk jewelry, tokens and some clad to boot! My totlots are full again and it'll take some time to go through them all. But my youngest son is glad we can get out often to the playgrounds again, he was missing it for awhile.

The jump rope was left in a field so I took it for him, kinda feel guilty for taking it but he'll get much use out of it.

The good stuff...

The pile of bad stuff, much smaller even now thanks to y'all!

And tokens for pizza, car wash and bowling...

Thanks for looking, 2 $1 coins and a bunch of clad to tumble as well. Good times!

The grounds keepers at a few of the city parks just grab everything that gets left behind and set it beside the trashcans for pickup (they've stopped trying to keep up with the lost and found for most items... just too much junk).

As a result, when I'm out detecting, sometimes I'll see a big pile of water bottles (plastic disposables) with a few decent bottles in the mix. I've gotten some great camelbaks, a few Thermos-types, and some cool mugs (even a gorgeous burbon glass). My favorite, though, are when they have chairs stacked on the trashcans. I usually get one or two a year. Camp chairs... the good ones... like the $45-$60 kind. The odd part is.. the grounds crew comes 2 days after the events for clippings (they clip Mondays, and events are Saturdays around here). which means those things have been there for days. The grounds crew guys don't care if you take things from the trash pile... it's not quite dumpster diving, but it sure can save a day from just boring clad.

Earlier this summer, I managed a folding TABLE. (the white fold-in-half kinds with a handle.)

Go figure! So nah... Don't worry about it. It likely was just going to get tossed or chewed by the mower...

Skippy

NICE! I usually just find kids clothes, jackets mostly. A shoe now and then, but mostly just hunt elementary school playgrounds and city parks, no big events other than get together soccer games. I drape all the clothes over the benches in hopes the kids come back.

Back
Top Bottom