More finds: Last week. (England)

Doug

Elite Member
The fields are starting to be off limits now due to the farmers starting to seed next years crops.

I did manage a few days last week on a farm before the farmer seeded the fields.

Thanks for looking............Doug.

Roman coin just out of the ground.
Ybb6Oea.jpg

2nd-4th Century Roman coins.
mI0FuvC.jpg

Possible a knapped gunflint for a flintlock musket or pistol bottom right?
Ujvl0Ey.jpg

"19 June 1905. A small group of motoring enthusiasts band together to warn fellow drivers about speed traps.

They opt to call themselves the Motorists' Mutual Association.

In response to the zealous police enforcement of driving restrictions, the group organised teams of cyclists who, through a combination of signals and salutes, assisted drivers to stay safe on the roads and avoid punitive penalties.

A month later, as the group established an enthusiastic following among the motoring community, they settled upon a new name (and it was a real keeper). The Automobile Association."

26DCY0y.jpg

A period AA box for which the universal key would have fitted, members only.
pEchebn.jpg

4v3NbFs.jpg

Great finds! Funny, my wife and I watch "Hinterland" (BBC) over here in the US and they just had an episode that took place at Devil's Bridge, cool.

Nice finds man, big variety!

Thank you.

Congrats on the great finds !

Thank you.

Awesome finds! Love the key, Congrats!

Thank you.

Great finds! Funny, my wife and I watch "Hinterland" (BBC) over here in the US and they just had an episode that took place at Devil's Bridge, cool.

Thank you. Before the AA had radios the AA patrolman would have a set route and visit each AA box in his area.

When radios came in to use the AA box had a direct landline to the AA's breakdown service where the member would wait for assistance.

I like the ooooooold coins!

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom