What Size Coils Do You Use The Most?

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
For simplicity, lets just call them small, medium large!

For coin hunting/jewelry hunting, one of my favorites is the large 9 1/2 x 12 concentric coils, simply because it covers more area per swing and gets the most depth.

I do use the smaller coils when hunting in trashy places or in the woods with a lot of ground growth.

As a rule, I much prefer a concentric coil over a DD. I get better/accurate target ID, especially with bottle caps. I have found no difference in depth either where I hunt. Separation is as good or even better with a concentric coil based on my experiences....probably due to a smaller sized concentrated transmitted frequency on a target.

Attachments

• sniper.jpg
    sniper.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 264
3x18 cleansweep
Btw I miss the Jerky pics!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the 5x8" for my AT Max a couple of months after I got it. And after I got a couple of other coils. I've never taken it off. For my purposes--park and sports field hunting--I have plenty of depth and great target separation. I almost want to put the stock coil back on to see how I can hunt, after I've learned a bit more about the machine.

I use the Coiltek 15" 7.5kHz coil most of the time on my Xterra 705. In tighter spots I'll use the 5x10 elliptical. You can cover a lot of ground with the 15" and it pinpoints great.

Back
Top Bottom