2 Trifecta's, 2 Halves In One Hole, A Big Silver Week

jack&jill

Elite Member
I had a fantastic week. Hunting three permissions and a park this week and really had surprising success on all four hunts. Monday night hunted a 1940's home that produce my first Half Dollar of the Week and 2 Merc Dimes along with the Walker. On Tuesday I was hunting a permission on a turn of a century house. While hunting the neighbor came over and told me I could hunt his yard also. That home was also built about the same time. The first site produce a trifecta with a Seated Dime, 2 Merc's and 2 Rosie's. Also dug my 3rd Indian of the year. Only had time to hunt one side of the 2nd site that gave me another Merc and a Barber Quarter, making it a 7 Silver day. I made arrangements to go back again this morning to finish and that gave me my 2nd trifecta of the week. A Barber dime and 2 Merc's along with a Rosie. The really best hunt was yesterday as I went back to a park that I drew a skunk on a few weeks ago. That hunt I came home only with 7 Wheat's and some clad but yesterday things went my way big time. After about two hours of limited clad digging I pulled a Merc that was down about 8 inches. After that I dug a couple of Wheat's. The surprise was next as I was getting all kinds of odd numbers on the CTX but the high tone was there. A couple of times the 1-45 or the 12-48 showed but so did 14 -33 and 11-38. Even the depth was not staying constant giving me anywhere between 7 and 10 inches. Anywhere I put the shovel into the ground And dug a deep plug. Flipped the plug and put the pinpointer to task getting immediate signal. Grabbed a handful of dirt and dropped the pinpointer back into the hole. I could see the rim of big Silver in my hand but the pinpointer was screaming at another target still in the hole. I was holding a Walker the 2nd coin was a Big Ben. Never before have I ever had 2 Half Dollars in the same hole. Picked up a 2nd Merc later giving me a four Silver hunt. For the week that was 18 Silver Coins taking me to 173 FTY. Sorry for being so long winded but I was very excited and wanted to share. Trapper

Attachments

• 6-11-18 .jpg
    6-11-18 .jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 520
  • 6-12-18 .jpg
    6-12-18 .jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 528
  • 6-12-18 1 .jpg
    6-12-18 1 .jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 548
  • 6-15-18 .jpg
    6-15-18 .jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 522
  • 6-16-18 .jpg
    6-16-18 .jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 521
Last edited:
Absolutely amazing week Jack! Congrats on the Half spill and rest of the pile o silver. You're killing it. I wish it would cool off and rain a little so I could get after it for a few long hunts.

Wow Trapper!! Now that is a week to remember!! Congrats on all the piles of silver!!!
Thanks Digger, things really went my way this week.While I still dug my Merc's and Rosie's it was really nice to add some variety to the treasure chest.
Wow!:shock: What a great hunt! Congrats on all the silver!
Well Toad I thought I had four really outstanding hunts this week. A fantastic week for sure. The Seated Dime is only my second of the year.

Absolutely amazing week Jack! Congrats on the Half spill and rest of the pile o silver. You're killing it. I wish it would cool off and rain a little so I could get after it for a few long hunts.
Appreciate the reply Jerry. No doubt I'm putting in some time despite the weather. The heat and humidity here has been terrible. Been trying evening hunts and the cool mornings after the thunderstorms we have been getting this week.
WOW! Simply amazing. Really a great couple of hunts. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for the kind words Kiowa, they are appreciated. I agree the week was amazing. 3 Halves, trifectas, a Seated Coin and even added my third Indian. Trapper

A two half day is a great day. What a great week.
Your right Jordan a 2 half day and a third for the week. Don't think I can top that anytime soon. A great day and a great week.
Very nice J&J!
Appreciate your response Addict, thank you.
Just awesome! Congrats on a great hunt,gonna be hard to top those
Thanks Butcher, they were all great hunts but the double Half was my favorite seeing the last time I hunted that site I took a skunk.
:wow:That is just incredible!!! :wow:
A great description Busca. Some incredible finds on a incredible week Thank you. Trapper

Wow great week! That's awesome 18 silvers in a week, that's phenomenal! And 2 halves to top it off.

Congrats sir!

I just sitting here looking at your finds thinking wow, what an incredible year you are having. I just had a .91¢ spill with a walker, GW, and merc but your double half spill tops that. Congrats on another amazing week buddy!

Another outstanding week of silver digging Trapper, congrats especially on the Seated Dime, Barber Quarter and the big silver spill...gonna be 400 silvers for you this season:yes:

Wow! That's some great digging and great memories made!
Thank you Jeremy, diffidently some great memories made on this week.
Nice play by play !
Tried to tell with the my excitement Tom. I know I get a bit long winded. Would have liked to have had a camera on a couple of those digs.
Wow great week! That's awesome 18 silvers in a week, that's phenomenal! And 2 halves to top it off.
Congrats sir!
Thank you Craig. I'm on a cloud after these hunts. Actually 3 halves for the week. Just don't want the bubble to burst any time soon.
I just sitting here looking at your finds thinking wow, what an incredible year you are having. I just had a .91¢ spill with a walker, GW, and merc but your double half spill tops that. Congrats on another amazing week buddy!
An unbelievable week for me Jason. The double half was the icing. I don't think I topped your 91 cent spill as you got 3 Silvers to my 2 and you probably added 6 Wheat's. I had just two Wheat's for that whole hunt. Trapper

Outstanding finds! Your totals are incredible! Can't wait to get out and do some detecting here, poured rain all day. Very inspirational story thank you!

Fantastic! Fun read, too. Ya had me at "Walker".:lol:
Your double half dig may come up in my detecting stories...about the legendary "Trapper" of Wisconsin!
Keep it up; you got a good pace going FTY.

"what spills on the ground, comes around"

Back
Top Bottom