returned 1947 class ring

jbrow

Elite Member
I don't find a lot of goId, and i keep what I do find. This ring though; it had as much information as I needed to look for the owner. http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=211546
His name is Stanley and a really great guy. I visited with him for About an hour and he told me a brief summary about his life. I was hoping for a story about him losing it, but he doesn't remember the exact moment he lost it, just thinking to himself "where the h#@$ did my ring go?" he's an interesting man with colorful stories, looking back now, I almost wish I'd stayed and visited longer and learned more.

Attachments

• 0429150959b-1.jpg
    0429150959b-1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,120
Nice work bro!!

I hope you find ten more to replace what you gave up... Just not in the waters I hunt :laughing:... That's worth at least a couple walkers in the old karma book....

How old? 85 now? That's awesome....

Good on you JB!

<*)))>{

WTG great story. I bet you made more than just his day judging by the smiles.

Did you ask him about all the old swimming areas?

HH
Mike

WTG great story. I bet you made more than just his day judging by the smiles.

Did you ask him about all the old swimming areas?

HH
Mike

Man! I didn't even think of asking for locations to try! :?:I guess I got too wrapped up listening to his stories of school and his family...

Maybe I'll have to give him a call back. cool:

Way to go! His girlfriend back in the day probably lost it is why he doesn't remember. I'd probably still be talking to him. :lol:

Good post !
I'll bet that guy can put you on a good spot, remember karma, and you just got a couple of karma points.

How many people post pics of rings or other good finds found on small private lands with no mention of returning anything ? Quite a few.

Again good post, I like the pic.

Thanks,
Rick

Back
Top Bottom