• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Temp time in VA

DiggerNE

I'm here in VA at Ft Lee. I have my detector with me and looking to get out and hunt. I'm free on weekends and able to drive a few hours. Hit me up please

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

See if you can get permission to hunt in certain areas on post. Lots of Civil War relics. Let me know if you get permission I'll be glad to go with you...trade spot for spot to be fair. I was in the 555th MP Co. back in the 70's.

Last edited:
Good luck in VA. We will be moving there soon. Hopefully, you'll get some nice locals that want to get you out to detect and not just offers if you get permissions for them to tag along at...

Greg

Good luck in VA. We will be moving there soon. Hopefully, you'll get some nice locals that want to get you out to detect and not just offers if you get permissions for them to tag along at...

Greg
I understand what you're saying. Not trying to start an argument, but shouldn't this be both ways? People asking local Va. relic hunters to take them out, and not offer a return favor even if the offer could be out of state? Some do of course, but the boys down here, with a few exceptions, are tight lipped about their hunting grounds, and you can't blame them. I have no problem taking people to my spots. Welcome to Va. when you arrive!

See if you can get permission to hunt in certain areas on post. Lots of Civil War relics. Let me know if you get permission I'll be glad to go with you...trade spot for spot to be fair. I was in the 555th MP Co. back in the 70's.
Haven't been able to get any permissions. Only have 3 weeks left here

Haven't been able to get any permissions. Only have 3 weeks left here

Look for some wood areas that you could possibly get into. We used to park behind a grocery store on Crater Rd. Nothing was posted and we hunted there several times with no problem. Did the same on RT.10. Good luck.

I understand what you're saying. Not trying to start an argument, but shouldn't this be both ways? People asking local Va. relic hunters to take them out, and not offer a return favor even if the offer could be out of state? Some do of course, but the boys down here, with a few exceptions, are tight lipped about their hunting grounds, and you can't blame them. I have no problem taking people to my spots. Welcome to Va. when you arrive!

HD,

I get it, we all have our spots and this is a competitive hobby... Once the item is dug, it's dug and never to be discovered again. I think taking into consideration that the OP is not there long term, doesn't know the area well and has tried to obtain permission (he's not local, so a lot of no's) is not the same scenario as someone who is local and just to lazy to do their own research, door knocks, etc.

LA detecting is pretty competitive with the number of great detectorists here, but if I get a guy or gal asking to take them along to one of my spots while they visit, I try to accommodate if my schedule is able to. The few coins/items lost to the other hunter doesn't outweigh the friendship and sportsmanship of the act of having a good time with another hobbyist.

Greg

Back
Top Bottom