Finally got the "Mercury" Monkey off my Back

Buellride

Forum Supporter
After all these years of this hobby I have always found multiple silvers/gold almost on every hunt. Since moving back to Washington State I had been in a silver drought that was finally broken back in October or so of last year...funny thing is that Mercury dimes are my favorite coin design and I haven't found one in over 4 years!!!:shock::shock:

Since breaking my silver dryspell I have found Barbers, Washingtons, Walkers, War Nickels, etc...but the Mercury Dime has eluded me!!

Today I wasn't even going out due to a knee injury sustained on a previous hunt (that garnered me a Walker and a War Nickel), but decided I would try and just hit an area that CruiserKev and I have pulled Walkers, SLQ, Rosies, etc....plus a lot of Wheaties.

Glad I went out, spent all of 1 1/2 hours and got $1.95 in total finds, a 1917S Mercury Dime (that is well worn on the reverse), and 4 Wheaties (1944S, 1958S, 1944, and 1946).

Hopefully that Mercury Monkey goes and finds some other individual to attach itself to.

HH All.

Attachments

• 6_14 Mercury smaller.jpg
    6_14 Mercury smaller.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 297
Congrats on the really nice haul!

Thank you, to be honest I love finding wheaties, the Mercury came early enough in the hunt that I would have bet a 2nd silver was coming...

Awesome merc! Hopefully the first of many more to come! :grin:

Need to find a SLQ

Great Hunt Buellride !

Silvers can be very hard to come by in the North West.. I too have only found 1 (so far)

Congratulations !!

Thank you, I am not going to say silvers are scarce but you need to change where and how you hunt nowadays

Mercury Dimes are hands down one of the best looking coins they ever minted !

Congrats on the Merc and the other great finds !

Well, CongratZ!

TY

Congrats on your finds. It's always nice to see that silver in the hole. Hope there's more mercs in the future for you.
Bubbaron

Me too!!:D You know the deal, next I will only be finding Mercs and nothing else...:laughing:

Congrats on the merc, it still eludes me.

TY, good luck

Wow that’s a long drought. Glad you got that monkey off your back, congrats!

Yea Jam, there have been several droughts that I have had to "break" since moving back to Washington state from the EAST COAST!

Mercury Dimes are hands down one of the best looking coins they ever minted !

Congrats on the Merc and the other great finds !

Couldn't agree more, Mercs are beautiful coins.

Geeezzzz Buell 4 years. I can not imagine going that long without digging a Merc. I say this as I am in the best year ever in this hobby and have dug an awful lot of them. I hope in breaking the drought it will be the start of a flood of Merc's for you in the future. Congrats on the old Merc and a real nice hunt. Trapper

Very nice finds! Congrats!

TY

Congrats on your first merc, Buellride! :)

Actually I have dug over 100+ Mercs in my career, but I hadn't dug one in a long time

Geeezzzz Buell 4 years. I can not imagine going that long without digging a Merc. I say this as I am in the best year ever in this hobby and have dug an awful lot of them. I hope in breaking the drought it will be the start of a flood of Merc's for you in the future. Congrats on the old Merc and a real nice hunt. Trapper

I with you! I hope this will turn in some Merc consistency

Back
Top Bottom