Getting some needed rain tonight,

We were suppose to get some last night as well, but nothing. Calling for rain again today and a possible sever T-Storm tomorrow.

They keep predicting a slight chance of rain for here but always take it out of the forecast before it happens. When the radar shows rain headed this way, it always splits and part goes north of us while the other goes below us.

Its August in South Carolina. Anything less than a 50% chance of thunderstorms is rare It has rained every day for over a week.

I do not go detecting in the afternoon as it will rain me out every time.

Its August in South Carolina. Anything less than a 50% chance of thunderstorms is rare It has rained every day for over a week.

I do not go detecting in the afternoon as it will rain me out every time.

The thing is it seems in South Carolina they can call for 50% chance or more of rain but many times it will only get certain areas. I look at the "futurecast" where they show the areas the storms will likely travel and often some areas don't get any rain at all. But it's hard to count on that completely, I had did some outside painting with Thompsons water seal a few weeks ago after I checked the (then) current interactive radar online and didn't see any real chance of rain in our local area. It was even partly sunny outside and the sun was shining bright in our yard and even with the sun shining in our yard it started raining from a stray cloud for about 10 minutes :shock:, fortunately it did not hurt my paint job much, just made it look a little spotty but a second light coat I needed to do fixed it and it looks fine now :lol:

We need it too, and got about an inch in the rain gauge today. Only problem was I wanted to hit a different area of a Park the AM. More on the way....

:stormy:

Back
Top Bottom