• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Follow up hunt with the F2.

foreverRich

Forum Supporter
Had about an hour before dark and still had a little bit of energy left, so headed to another school in Cradock. I have worked it to death, but figured I would see how the f2 performed at another site. The only thing I don't care for on the detector is, when you use headphones the volume drops way down even with the control on the headphones wide open. Maybe changing to another set will help. As I said before, this detector LOVES dimes.:D Also, if you hunt for nickels or rings, expect a ton of can slaw.:mad: The notch settings do make the detector great for "cherry picking" trashy sites. Tried to work around where the old bleachers were but had to give up due to the area being loaded with big chunks of lead and they indicated good targets. Anyone else run into this situation? Here is my final hunt of the day. Man am I tired!!:D

Attachments

• 1082010 next hunt.jpg
    1082010 next hunt.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 467
hehe :)
BTW how did lead register on your F2? Under which category?

Cant say Ive run into chunks of lead with good readings, but I can say my 10"D2 coil makes bottle caps and some iron targets, into the coin range,cant figure,but it does suck! sounds like you need to find another school and leave that one to the sinker makers,good luck on your next hunt!

Hollis, if the F2 and the Discovery have any similarity in their guts, I have only been successful with Koss headphones being loud. I don't really know if its something to do with dba rating or some other factor but that's just been my experience.

Back
Top Bottom