E-trac question settings...

TonyAZ

Elite Member
Hi all, I've be playing around with an e-trac for about a year-pretty much the same settings-and i'm ready to start trying new things.

My question for today is about the gain setting-been running it at 28-30-but now would like to tone it down to make deeper stuff sound softer -quieter-so i'll be able to tell deeper things from shallower stuff-- BY THE SOUND---what setting for the gain would you recommend to achieve this---Thanks Tony AZ:cool:

Tony you'll have to experiment a little. You could try 21 for example. But your hearing, headphones, outside noise will drive the setting.

IMO you risk missing the deepest of targets trying this. The etrac on coin sized objects has a very accurate depth meter for judging depth.

Cheers

Listen for chatter at the highest Sensitivity of 30, then back off the until it is clear sound (noise free). Try this and see how it goes. I do not try to max to the highest level, as in my neck of the woods the chatter will drive you crazzzzy in no time at all. Best of luck ! If you are talking volume gain? ..... I'm darn near deaf and can't seem to get it to loud to hear those deep ifys.

Back
Top Bottom