F22 video requests

detectingMO

Forum Supporter
I'm on Staycation the end of next week and I'm wondering what the masses would like to see on New Fisher F22 video?

I plan to just use the stock coils and do some hunting and digs. Anything specific you want me to show or test?

Airtest is about 8" dime and 9" nickel/quarter. Add and inch for the F44 coil/11" DD/10x5 WSS same for new 7" coil. So no plans there.

Let me know

Craig

I'd like to see a depth test on a silver dime anda test on a silver quarter, with number read out.

Then maybe a test with a nail in the hole with a silver quarter with TID

:)

I'd like to see a depth test on a silver dime anda test on a silver quarter, with number read out.

Then maybe a test with a nail in the hole with a silver quarter with TID

:)

Ok, will do. I can tell you now, probably 5" on dime and 6" on quarter. I usually see about 3" less than airtest in my soil which is super mild with nearly no minerals. But I will do it! Where to you want the nail oriented? Next to on on same plane will probably hit one way. below it likely won't matter. Above any amount straight above or to side up to 6" will likely mask it. That's even with the best of them. But I will test this. :)

Craig

Ok, will do. I can tell you now, probably 5" on dime and 6" on quarter. I usually see about 3" less than airtest in my soil which is super mild with nearly no minerals. But I will do it! Where to you want the nail oriented? Next to on on same plane will probably hit one way. below it likely won't matter. Above any amount straight above or to side up to 6" will likely mask it. That's even with the best of them. But I will test this. :)

Craig

Make it fun, nail next to , under and above :)

I'm very familiar with fishers and tek's and many other detectors, I realize that the nail test probably wont be earth shattering results, I'm just curious what the tones will be and how the machine will react so that if I did experience that while detecting, I might know what to look for and maybe slow down and investigate further. Likewise I'm curious to see how the machine sounds and reacts.

Oh, one more thing, you have to do the test in the rain...

:laughing:I'm kidding..but that would be cool too

well that should be no problem as of late! However, hunting in the rain is of no interest to me. Muddy mess. :) But I'll do it for the peoples...:yes:

I want to clarify about the nail test. I usually see people put the nail right on or right under the coin... lets see a test where the nail is like 1 inch above the silver or 1 inch below... just working with ya here...lol

yeah, that's what I'm saying. 3D target masking is a problem for all. I will do it sir. Below probably won't matter. it's the above and/or above and to the side that kills all. Most of the time. :) And no I'm not going to do the tests with a Racer. Not touching that with a 10 foot pole! Though maybe a ETP is in order? IMO, in my soil, the ETP has an edge on performance. The F22 has the edge on features.

yeah, that's what I'm saying. 3D target masking is a problem for all. I will do it sir. Below probably won't matter. it's the above and/or above and to the side that kills all. Most of the time. :) And no I'm not going to do the tests with a Racer. Not touching that with a 10 foot pole! Though maybe a ETP is in order? IMO, in my soil, the ETP has an edge on performance. The F22 has the edge on features.

Yeah I tested a ETP with 11 in DD, and it hit 7 inch silver dimes all day long, in dry soil, numbers were a tad jumpy as I failed to remove all metals in and around the hole, but the ETP did well, and I loved it for coin shooting. I'd love to test the Racer myself, as they say seeing is believing yknow

Yeah I tested a ETP with 11 in DD, and it hit 7 inch silver dimes all day long, in dry soil, numbers were a tad jumpy as I failed to remove all metals in and around the hole, but the ETP did well, and I loved it for coin shooting.

Yeah, I still feel it has a little faster recovery and better TID. Depth about the same. The ETP seems to gain more from DD coils than new F series.

I know they are all the same 7.69-7.81kHz platform. The new F series has the programming feel of the BH Pro line and Digitek. The Eurotek programming feels like the greek series. It that makes any sense. I'm not just talking about TID numbers. But the recovery and hit on targets feel. All good for the price. Just depends on preference.

well that should be no problem as of late! However, hunting in the rain is of no interest to me. Muddy mess. :) But I'll do it for the peoples...:yes:

Moving back to Alabama next week.
I am planning on getting an F44 before the end of summer.
Hunting in freshwater is the goal, but rain hunting there is very doable.
On high 90-100 degree days the rain will actually feel refreshing and will cool things down a bit....till the sun comes back out and the heat and humidity rises to steam and cook everything again.
The dirt there is so hard and filled with red clay the rain will actually help in the digging area, maybe get a bit more depth, too.
I might end up preferring hunting in the rain, who knows.
Plus, I get a new tool to mess around with and learn.
I will probably write a few words about it as I learn it. :D

I'm thinking you won't be happy with performance in that hot soil. DD may help. When bill and I tested nickels id as iron at even 2" depth in really bad ground. We have a spot to replicate this and it was bad. In all fairness the v3i and etrac failed as well.

I'm thinking you won't be happy with performance in that hot soil. DD may help. When bill and I tested nickels id as iron at even 2" depth in really bad ground. We have a spot to replicate this and it was bad. In all fairness the v3i and etrac failed as well.

Thanks for the warning but I already have plenty of experience in that super hot soil.
We also have the added bonus of tiny pieces of iron infused into much of the soil.
Run a magnet though it and you won't like what you see.
3-4" is pretty normal for most detectors of any brand in the really bad stuff, 5" is usually a gift and much more than that is close to a miracle but we know this and deal with it.
I found coins, jewelry, relics and lots of them in that soil using a Compadre, a Vaq and especially an F2 with the standard 8" coil so whatever this thing does with the new coil onboard I am sure I won't be disappointed.
If it can handle that devil dirt even a bit better I will be thrilled and like I said hunting in water and rain is going to be a huge part of the reason for buying it.
Most would say why not an AT Pro if I am into water hunting but I am not into that because of the higher price and I just don't like listening to Garrett tones.
New coil additions for the 44 will be something to think about but way down the line if ever.
Instead I think all money earmarked after this purchase will be for a decent used TDI instead.
If I want to get deep in that soil this might be the best way to do it.
That is after giving my F70 a healthy shot at that crazy hot soil and with the standard and 2 different DD coils available I hope it will surprise me.
It usually does.

Newbies wonder why some of us end up building an arsenal of different detectors and coils.
The answer is simple...logically because you just have to. :lol:

Uploading right now. I need a new camera. Audio is not good and have glare.

But I tested most things.

Found something interesting. It's 1-2" deeper with ID on clad than silver! :shock:

That was not expected. I confirmed after the video testing a 7" clad quarter in the same hole used for testing. It was not some other target it just doesn't go as deep on silver.

Airtest, identical. 10.5" on quarter clad or silver. In ground. Max of 8" on clad and 6.5-7" on silver.

Video should be uploaded shortly

My ground is .03 2 bar on T2 with 50 phase

On ATP it GB at 73

Uploading right now. I need a new camera. Audio is not good and have glare.

But I tested most things.

Found something interesting. It's 1-2" deeper with ID on clad than silver! :shock:

That was not expected. I confirmed after the video testing a 7" clad quarter in the same hole used for testing. It was not some other target it just doesn't go as deep on silver.

Airtest, identical. 10.5" on quarter clad or silver. In ground. Max of 8" on clad and 6.5-7" on silver.

Video should be uploaded shortly

My ground is .03 2 bar on T2 with 50 phase

On ATP it GB at 73

Wow. ..my ATP here. GB at 83 to 87 usually

Since I don't notch I still prefer the ETP over the new fseries machines. Little faster recovery better ID at depth.

Enjoyed the video. Results were pretty much expected but the depth was impressive in my opinion.

I bet with smaller coil those nails next to coins would be less of an issue.

Thanks for the tests!:cool:

Enjoyed the video. Results were pretty much expected but the depth was impressive in my opinion.

I bet with smaller coil those nails next to coins would be less of an issue.

Thanks for the tests!:cool:

I agree. Just didn't expect silver to lose more depth in ground than clad. Maybe it's my soil. In the air, identical. But yes lots of value, significant upgrade of the F2/F4 segment they are replacing.

I get 9.5" on nickel and dime in air and 10.5" on quarter. That's right on par with the Eurotek Pro with 8". The new F-series are definitely built better. Step up for FTP.

Only thing that sucks when using non-F11/22/44 coils is the coil connector is still in a very tight places and it is a pain to screw them on. With the new F-series coils they have a wider plastic cap on the threads. More torque, better grip, added water protection. Those are super nice. Plus they are still cheap compared to other 7.69khz coils.

Yeah the connectors on the earlier f series was a pita to change.

I've always liked Fishers and they're a lot more durable than most give them credit for. I've put them to the rugged woods tests and they've all done well at old home sites. Some great relic machines for sure. Love those silver tones too!

Back
Top Bottom