Quest to find a LC...need help

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
If I can get time this Spring I would like to make a trip above the Mason-Dixon line in an effort to find a large cent. I was curious if anyone would be willing to take me to a spot for a day's hunt where I have a good shot at pulling a large cent? It will never happen here in Florida. :no::no::no:

I have hunted with a couple people I have met through the forum and enjoy meeting other detectorists. I am willing to spring for lunch and gas plus even willing to turn over any finds except one US Large Cent if that is what it would take. Also willing to sign nondisclosure agreement and swear to secrecy regarding the hunt site...:yes:

Edit: Oh yeah, hiking and brush busting are no problem. Good shape for an "old" guy...translation...I am not a fat ass. No known coronary issues.:grin:

Last edited:
people were dropping large cents there in Florida before the Seminole wars happened , there around do your research and you'll find some . there much better an older finds in Florida to dig up than large coppers.

people were dropping large cents there in Florida before the Seminole wars happened , there around do your research and you'll find some . there much better an older finds in Florida to dig up than large coppers.

Thanks for the assist. It has been my experience that the old stuff seems to be beyond the depth of my detectors. The soil is incredibly sandy here and seems to just let coins sink quickly. Definitely will keep hunting Florida, but my experience tells me to go to where most of the LC finds seem to come from.

Going to my spots in New Hampshire in April. Pm me and I will give details. Have plenty of room to share spots. I have at least 50-60 spots I researched and couldn't hit in the year I lived there..... So I'm flying up for 6 days to hot them

Got mine here in New Jersey old 1700s site large cent and half cent the same day just got lucky

Attachments

• 1022131348.jpg
    1022131348.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 125
u have a great machine to do it with. But may could get 3 more inches with the t2 se r f75 se from the research I have done but maybe not. My oldest was a 1905 barber dime here in tn was 7 r 8 inches found with f2.

Going to my spots in New Hampshire in April. Pm me and I will give details. Have plenty of room to share spots. I have at least 50-60 spots I researched and couldn't hit in the year I lived there..... So I'm flying up for 6 days to hot them

Thanks for your response Spectra. PM on the way.

I'm really hoping to get a 200 year old US Largie!

if your really determined to travel send me a pm if your ever up in New England and i'll take you to some sites to find some old U.S. coppers and state coins.

Back
Top Bottom