price of grading coins?

PAdiggerTom

anyone know a round estimated cost of getting a coin graded..i want to send my 1973 chain cent ...i would call the place but they are closed for the weekend

thanks for the help

Kinda uncalled for imo. Considering that you can find all this info yourself with a basic internet search.

There are several coin grading companies (Google). Prices vary depending on the coin variety and value. Think some start as low as $30 for basic grading. You can pay extra to get a coin slabbed(sealed in a plastic container) for storage and display. A slabbed coin is sometimes easier to sell sight unseen because it has been graded by a third party. Pick up a coin book or do some research online. Happy hunting.

Kinda uncalled for imo. Considering that you can find all this info yourself with a basic internet search.

There are several coin grading companies (Google). Prices vary depending on the coin variety and value. Think some start as low as $30 for basic grading. You can pay extra to get a coin slabbed(sealed in a plastic container) for storage and display. A slabbed coin is sometimes easier to sell sight unseen because it has been graded by a third party. Pick up a coin book or do some research online. Happy hunting.

i put the comment up after someone PM me
i was hoping someone would give me info from when they had a coin graded them selfs
but thank you for the info ill look into it HH

I've never had a coin graded, but if you have a trusted coin shop that you feel comfortable dealing with, you can sometimes save $$ by having them send in YOUR coin when they are sending in a few of their own. A batch costs less per coin then a single coin to have graded. Only deal with the most reputable establishment though for your grading, because some supposed coin grading companys aren't very trusted and your coin is still in question. Good luck. NGC is a good one.

I've never had a coin graded, but if you have a trusted coin shop that you feel comfortable dealing with, you can sometimes save $$ by having them send in YOUR coin when they are sending in a few of their own. A batch costs less per coin then a single coin to have graded. Only deal with the most reputable establishment though for your grading, because some supposed coin grading companys aren't very trusted and your coin is still in question. Good luck. NGC is a good one.

thanks for the info i had no idead it would cost more if you only send one coin in...i got a few i can send in with it. ill do some more research here to see who would be best for my coin NGC or PCGS

If you want to just get a certified value for your coin or coins, often area coin dealers who make their living from dealing in coins will take the neceassary courses to become certified in coin grading. At least that way they can properly judge the value of any coins being offered to them. The same goes for any big time coin collectors in your area, they too will sometimes go to the trouble to being certified. Just a thought and ask around if interested...

Back
Top Bottom