Here’s a good non bias video

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think the shape of the coil makes any difference , they are all DD coils and the pro's stock 11 inch coil should have been an equal match. Far as I know , the only time a " round " coil should make a difference is if it was a concentric coil instead of a DD coil.

A couple things to note on this video. First , he did the noise cancel on the equinox with the coil sitting on the ground which is wrong.....would that affect performance ? ..... I dont know , maybe not. Second , he was in park 1 multi mode factory settings , the thing is this is just a starting point.....the machine can be further tweaked for better performance. The different mode and sensitivity settings alone make a huge difference , and if he set the nox in 5 khx single freq it would have hit every target well and possible slightly deeper , only in single frequency which I have found to hunt quite a bit deeper it does not have the multi freq advantage and it often calls bottle caps good coins. I also dont think I seen him ground balance the detector.

So the nox was used in a limited basic starting off point , noise cancelled wrong , not ground balanced , and with a smaller coil than the tornado on the AT pro. The Nox can be further configured to get a lot more performance out of it and matched to particuar conditions , while the Pro basically is what it is , you cant really go anywhere from there besides limited adjustments which may or may not help.

The guy claims its not a biased comparison , yet he has given every advantage to the pro possible and kept the equinox in a cage :lol: He needs to open the nox up and turn it loose. I dont know enough about the other two detectors to comment on them. But this was not an unbiased comparison at all.

Something else that should be mentioned is that one the strengths of the equinox is target separation and unmasking. In just that aspect alone the equinox stomps the at pro hard......but you put that huge coil on the pro and you do get some extra depth , but you lose even more separation and masking ability......its fact , the more ground covered the more target masking and blending takes place. So while it works great on a single deep coin in clean ground or sterile test bed , put another object or two in there and now you often wind up with a target you may not even stop to investigate....if you hear it at all........Meanwhile the nox separates targets at depth well , even when there is some blending going on you can usually easily tell there are multiple targets. That is what is wrong with this type of test , they do give you a basic idea of a detectors potential , but only under the exact conditions of the test. Which is great if you only hunt sterile test beds :lol: .....but you are rarely ever going to encounter a situation like that out in the wild.

I know your intended purpose was just to show that the AT pro can be a deep machine , and you are right it can be. I am not trying to pick this thread apart , just discussing some things I noticed on the video and some things that should be taken into account with the AT pro.

If you think that a 11 inch round coil is not deeper than 8x11 then there’s not much we’re gonna agree on.
I personally don’t think the at pro is better than the equinox,I never said that.As a matt r of fact I know it’s not.
But it is a good machine,and when it’s fitted with a tornado coil I know it’s deeper than the equinox,easily.
We all have different views and results,

If you think that a 11 inch round coil is not deeper than 8x11 then there’s not much we’re gonna agree on.
I personally don’t think the at pro is better than the equinox,I never said that.As a matt r of fact I know it’s not.
But it is a good machine,and when it’s fitted with a tornado coil I know it’s deeper than the equinox,easily.

There are things about coils I dont know , but all things considered the shape shouldnt matter much unless you were comparing a DD coil against a round concentric.

I am going to have to say that I have had awesome results using the NEL Tornado on my AT Pro digging many deep silvers in spots that have not produced in a long time. As a matter of fact I ended up buying a Tornado coil for many of my units and am currently running one on my E Trac.

I am going to have to say that I have had awesome results using the NEL Tornado on my AT Pro digging many deep silvers in spots that have not produced in a long time. As a matter of fact I ended up buying a Tornado coil for many of my units and am currently running one on my E Trac.

Choppa,I know it's true also..you strap that tornado coil on anything it'll walk away from a machine running a stock coil depth wise,,but I'm done trying to convince anyone.

I'm still waiting...

On a machine that will out do the ATP and it's gold finds for the price and reliability...

The nox might be it, but it hasn't been around long enough to prove anything...

My ATP has hit everything from fine gold chains to peace dollars..

I run the storm coil everywhere, it seems to separate just fine in the thickest of iron...

You cabbage patch kids keep your blinders on...

<°)))>{

The NOX is it... really I'm not hyping it . I'm back to my Deus for thick iron but the Nox is a great performer for the money and really pretty much obsoletes the AT SERIES...but of course ole woodbutcher will tell you a different story.

This was what was said in the advertising when Nox was posted about by Manufacturer.

> “EQUINOX, with Multi-IQ, has the potential to obso
> lete all the traditional VLF detectors that enthus
> iasts have been using for decades.” –Minelab Elect
> ronics Pty Ltd.

Now, think about exactly which units they are referring to here. There are some key words in the sentence that can't be overlooked.

And here is a link from this forum actually.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=251928

So I didn't make this up.

It was posted on other forums too.

Is the Deus a traditional single freq detector?
I don't think so.

Has the Deus been used for decades by folks?
I don't think so.

Keyword in statement is has potential.
So this is a conditional term IMO.

It could depend on what kind of hunting one does.
What kind of ground minerals one hunts in.
Lots of things actually.

I think all Minelab was doing when they wrote this was to say, Hey take a look at Equinox with its tech, it might serve you better.

Now the question is does it?
This would be up to each individual to decide.

But folks have twisted the above to mean Equinox superior in all facets of detecting period, hence folks should dump older units no matter what.

Folks I don't think understand really what the word obsolete means either.

I could make a case Equinox obsoleted CTX and Etrac, cause they won't pick up fine chains period couldn't I ?

I could make a case Equinox obsolete Deus because Deus using 18khz and LF coil is a bummer for modern trash hunting, whereas Nox in park one multi frequency dominates couldn't I?

I'll lay a few facts here for folks.

AT pro with small coil will detect things in iron Deus won't(9" LF or HF coil) , Nox either wearing stock coil. Racer 2 with smallest coil will too. So will Nokta Impact. There are others detectors wearing smaller coils that will alert on nonferrous Deus won't wearing a 9" sized coil. Nokta Impact wearing 4x7" coil will alert on some targets Deus with elliptical HF coil won't.

I can go on all day with examples.

So a lot of detectors will still find things.

And all models have strengths and weaknesses.

And I know for a fact, we as detectorists are not getting it all. We hope we are or wish we are.

Last edited:
This was what was said in the advertising when Nox was posted about by Manufacturer.

> “EQUINOX, with Multi-IQ, has the potential to obso
> lete all the traditional VLF detectors that enthus
> iasts have been using for decades.” –Minelab Elect
> ronics Pty Ltd.

Now, think about exactly which units they are referring to here. There are some key words in the sentence that can't be overlooked.

And here is a link from this forum actually.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=251928

So I didn't make this up.

It was posted on other forums too.

Is the Deus a traditional single freq detector?
I don't think so.

Has the Deus been used for decades by folks?
I don't think so.

Keyword in statement is has potential.
So this is a conditional term IMO.

It could depend on what kind of hunting one does.
What kind of ground minerals one hunts in.
Lots of things actually.

I think all Minelab was doing when they wrote this was to say, Hey take a look at Equinox with its tech, it might serve you better.

Now the question is does it?
This would be up to each individual to decide.

But folks have twisted the above to mean Equinox superior in all facets of detecting period, hence folks should dump older units no matter what.

Good write up

The NOX is it... really I'm not hyping it . I'm back to my Deus for thick iron but the Nox is a great performer for the money and really pretty much obsoletes the AT SERIES...but of course ole woodbutcher will tell you a different story.

Well he has a point with the AT series being easier to use and often more accurate ......on what it does identify. For that matter , if easy means better then the bounty hunter junior must be one of the best detectors on the market :lol: He just does not take into consideration what is given up for that simplicity. The AT series bangs out coins with ease , and is even capable of surprising depth with an after market coil , but compared to a detector like the nox the AT blind to half the targets that should be within its range.....the AT just calls most of these iron or discs them out completely. But some people dont dabble in the details , they want easy and think easier is better. Those that have that mindset will likely never change it.

Ohiochris,they’re all good machines,and to each they’re own.If the equinox does it for you,I wouldn’t say a word,I’ve got nothing in it.It just don’t do it for me,that’s all.I wouldn’t push anything on anyone,

Never said your videos were fixed.But you have no field time on most of the machine you test...and you won't get anywhere near the performance in your majic machines in my soil,it's a whole different type of soil..tests are tests,if that’s your thing..But when you start pulling the finds the Hoover boys do with they’re at pros,then we can talk:laughing:
!
AT Pro, AT Max & AT Gold should not even be mentioned in the same part of th WORLD as the Nox & Deus.

I had AT Pro, then got Makro Racer 1 & 2 and they both SMOKED the AT Pro.

I now have a NOX and can hand on heart say it makes the AT Pro look like something you would find for free in a cereal box...lol.:laughing:

AT Pro = Honda Accord

Nox & Deus = BENTLEYS:p

Matt

You find the Nel deeper than the standard coil? Did you have luck finding new things in places you thought you hunted out with your ATP?

You find the Nel deeper than the standard coil? Did you have luck finding new things in places you thought you hunted out with your ATP?

Sure did. I thought I had covered a local spot pretty good with the AT Pro and stock coil, when I went back over it with the NEL Tornado I ended up pulling a half dozen barber dimes and close to a dozen Indian Head pennies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom