White's Pin Pointer

ForceFed79

Hi all, I recently purchased my first detector and I have been having a great time going out digging and searching parks and other properties. Well, it didn't take very long to realize the value of owning a pin pointer. Obviously I would like to get a Garrett Pro Pointer, but just can't seem to part with the cash. I had a look on craigslist and found someone selling a White's brand pin pointer for a very reasonable price, but of course there is a catch....The owner said that the pin pointer works, but not as good as it used to (what ever that means). I am pretty handy I was wondering if they can be repaired by a shadetree mechanic or would I just be wasting my money. He is asking $35 or OBO. I would probably offer $20 or $25 bucks. What do you guys think? Thanks everyone.

There was a little known sensitivity adjustment that will help 'reach out' for a little more distance on the Bullseye, don't if it's still there or not. Perhaps that what is being referred to as not as good as it used to be. Always taking a chance on used equipment.

Sort of related, but there have been rumors floating around that Whites wants to get a bigger piece of the pp market, and is working on a new and better pp. Of course, these are just rumors, and even if they are true a new pp may not come out for a while.

If you can get it cheap, get it, send it to Whites in Oregon. Good chance they will replace it with a new one, I have had 2 replaced at no cost, go for it.

If you can get it cheap, get it, send it to Whites in Oregon. Good chance they will replace it with a new one, I have had 2 replaced at no cost, go for it.

I was sort of thinking the same thing, but I didn't know how White's warranties were.

I talked to the guy selling it and he said that the PP goes off as soon as he presses the button even though it is not near any type of metal. Hell, for $25 bucks, I might as well take a chance.

Update: I went ahead and bought the "broken" pin pointer off of craigslist for $25 bucks. As soon as I got home I called White's (in Oregon) and spoke with a very nice lady in the service department. Within 20 seconds of talking to her she told me to send it on in and they would gladly send me a new replacement no questions asked! Gotta love companies that actually stand behind their products. Definitely a rarity nowadays. I'm expecting my replacement PP to arrive in the next few weeks.

Update: I went ahead and bought the "broken" pin pointer off of craigslist for $25 bucks. As soon as I got home I called White's (in Oregon) and spoke with a very nice lady in the service department. Within 20 seconds of talking to her she told me to send it on in and they would gladly send me a new replacement no questions asked! Gotta love companies that actually stand behind their products. Definitely a rarity nowadays. I'm expecting my replacement PP to arrive in the next few weeks.
White's has always had the best customer service and pricing when repairs were needed. I believe White's themselves have mentioned a new pinpointer coming but ran into a few issues, so I'd expect to see it on market by next year sometime.

If the sensitivity is turned up too high the PP will go off as soon as you press the button. If you turn the knob all the way up, press the button and slowly turn it down, you will get the proper setting. I love my bullseye.

It's good that White's is going to send you a new BullseyeII. Bad news is, it still ain't going to work as good as a Garrett. Had my Garrett in for repair, they sent me a new one instead, and I bought a new White's as a backup. Couldn't stand not having the Garrett. Until somebody come out with one to match or beat the Garrett your going to want the Garrett. All you need is to try one. I think White's and Harbor Freight Tools get there pin pointers from the same factory. They look exactly the same.

Good Luck.

It's good that White's is going to send you a new BullseyeII. Bad news is, it still ain't going to work as good as a Garrett. Had my Garrett in for repair, they sent me a new one instead, and I bought a new White's as a backup. Couldn't stand not having the Garrett. Until somebody come out with one to match or beat the Garrett your going to want the Garrett. All you need is to try one. I think White's and Harbor Freight Tools get there pin pointers from the same factory. They look exactly the same.

Good Luck.

My new Garrett Pro Pointer should be here on friday! I always had the intentions of purchasing a garrett, but I also knew I couldn't pass up a $25 bullseye II. Especially now that I know whites will replace the non-working PP for free. I will more than likely sell the Bullseye to cover most of the cost of the Garrett. The whole thing worked out pretty well for me. HH, Matt

Back
Top Bottom