• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

F75+ Sometimes it's the small victories...

Huckleberry

Elite Member
I took the F75+ for a walk at the schoolyard this afternoon. I’ve been trying to learn this machine in my yard... bad idea, too much junk. Iron, foil, tabs, wire, pipe parts, you name it. Sheeeeesh! :lol: I decided that I needed someplace different (somewhat of a controlled environment if you will) to instill my faith in this machine. Anyway, played with some settings, and did factory resets prior to trying different setting combinations, in an effort to try to learn the F75+.

Ground balanced at 54. (Ground Grab) Sens at 50, Disc at 25. dE process, and Delta Pitch. I had wanted to set the Disc up to zinc and then notch nickels back in, but the screen didn’t look like I had it right so went with 25 on Disc this time.

Sometimes it’s the small victories. This is the first hunt with this machine that I got something besides trash. Not much to see here, just a hand full of crusty clad, and a small deformed silver ring. My trash to keeper ratio was running 1 trash per 2 keepers. Small victories. Still learning the F75+, just too stubborn to give up. Thanks for lookin’.

Congrats! The F75 is a good machine. Why 50 sensitivity? I typically ran 70-90 except for a rare spot with a lot of EMI.

Congrats! The F75 is a good machine. Why 50 sensitivity? I typically ran 70-90 except for a rare spot with a lot of EMI.

I'm just trying to get a feel for it. :lol: This is a huge step up for me from my Teknetics Liberator and quite a learning curve. The school is only about 50 years old, so it's pretty much a clad spot. And I didn't want to excavate any deep holes for construction debris from the original construction. In spite of the 50 Sens, I was getting solid hits on quarters at 9 inches, and I was skeptical, but it wasn't lying!

I'm just trying to get a feel for it. :lol: This is a huge step up for me from my Teknetics Liberator and quite a learning curve. The school is only about 50 years old, so it's pretty much a clad spot. And I didn't want to excavate any deep holes for construction debris from the original construction. In spite of the 50 Sens, I was getting solid hits on quarters at 9 inches, and I was skeptical, but it wasn't lying!

Gotcha, makes sense. The F75 is really good even on low sensitivity.

You won't regret that detector if you put in the time. It's deep. Small gold women's rings usually fall in the 20-27 range.

I run just south of chatter on my F 70 , my AT Pro works best grunting through it.
I'll use both on a productive site.

You won't lose much depth running the F75 at 50 and you'll have a lot less chatter. If your kit didn't come with a 5" coil, it's worth it to get one. There's a longer than average learning curve for this machine, because it has so many ways of telling you stuff. I've had mine about a year and am just now feeling confident with it...but I'm lucky to get out twice a month.

You won't regret that detector if you put in the time. It's deep. Small gold women's rings usually fall in the 20-27 range.

Thanks. The ring info is good to know. I definitely intend to put in the time.

I run just south of chatter on my F 70 , my AT Pro works best grunting through it.
I'll use both on a productive site.

Thanks. Good to know.

Congratulations

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thank you.

You won't lose much depth running the F75 at 50 and you'll have a lot less chatter. If your kit didn't come with a 5" coil, it's worth it to get one. There's a longer than average learning curve for this machine, because it has so many ways of telling you stuff. I've had mine about a year and am just now feeling confident with it...but I'm lucky to get out twice a month.

Thanks. Been thinking about the smaller coil, and I can tell the learning curve is going to be long.

Back
Top Bottom