$400 Heart Attack and 40 Cents Change!

Oh my word! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

After traversing the perils of nasty smelling pipes, nosy dogs, and a whacked head, I think you can count the .40 if you want to! It's so much easier to just dig the stuff up!

Good job finding your appliance, my hubby is a plumbing, heat, & air guy and he has found some oddities in plumbing, you have no idea what people drop or put down their drains! :lol:

Yep, I'm a plumber's best friend/worst nighmare. I do my own plumbing. I can remove and re-install a sink or toilet (bathtubs... not so much), unclog a drain, handle a snake and field-strip toilets. I can re-seat faucets and basic stuff. HOWEVER... I'm not a fool about it. When I get to a situation that is over my knowledge level... I'm the first on the phone to the professionals!

WORST situation I ever found myself in was when, while turning on the bathwater... the hot water handle snapped off in my hand! AAAIIIEEEEEE! Water gushing from the wall! Of COURSE it WOULD happen on a Sunday... as well as a holiday! I called for help. I know when I don't know! AND I could NOT find the assembly to shut the water off at the main! Turned out that all I needed to do to shut the water off by throwing a switch on the hot water heater. GAHH I learned my lesson well. The plumber was kind enough NOT to laugh at me while charging holiday rates.

I have ULTIMATE respect for plumbers and electricians!

-Learn how to replace copper plumbing if you can.
-Teflon tape is your friend.
-Fenco fittings are AWESOME.

That knowledge is worth it's weight in gold. Also, whenever I replace pipe near any fixfure, I always install a shutoff valve and paint the pipe section red so you can find it in a pinch. You can never have too many of those.

Maybe you should write short stories and submit them for publication, you have a knack for the written word. I'm glad you found your dental piece sorry you had to go through heck to get it though

...My question is...Should I count the forty cents as a "find" even though I didn't use my metal detector? SageGrouse

Great story and I thank you for sharing it. I agree with others that you certainly have a flair for writing. I am new to the forum and new to the hobby and so I'm not sure if you asked this question in jest or if you were serious. But, no I would not count it as a find from MD. It is a find, yes. I found some change in an old jacket the other day, but that is not MD.

YEARS LATER:
Well, I phoned another dentist today, two moves after that incident with the NTI.
More tooth-related annoyances. As I wrote earlier this week/month, I've had a crown fall off... I was OK to wait out the pandemic... but today a FILLING fell out on the OTHER side!
Grousegrumblemuttermuttersnarlgrrr!
So I have made an appointment (Now I have Humana dental coverage, the Cadillac plan!!) and a new dentist. I think my dentist's name is something like Dr. Gujaramalamadingdongwhoputthebompinthebompshebompshebomp... Jr. I startled the receptionist on the phone by pronouncing his name perfectly. Little did she know that when I found out he was on The Plan, I spent 15 minutes in front of a mirror rehearsing his name! At any rate, I now have a date with Dr. Gujaramalamadingdongwhoputthebompinthebompshebompshebomp.. Jr. to have the crown re-fitted AND the filling repaired or replaced and it's COVERED! YAY ME!

The icing on the cake is that the appointment (one month from now) WILL be AFTER I've had my second Covid immunization! Happy happy joy joy! We'll see how it goes.
Sage(who is that man? I'd like to shake his hand!)Grouse

Congrats on retrieving your appliance !!! I know what you mean about the smell that can come from those traps. I worked maintenance at an apartment complex for a while and experienced that nastiness a few times. Glad you saved the money but I'm not sure I could ever get over the thought of that smell every time I started to use it. PTSD (post traumatic smell disorder).

costly

Health and dental care way out of whack...as for a bite plate I have used a hockey mouth guard for the past 30 years...works okay. Be safe!

Better than a story I got:lol: Wife's grandpa lost his dentures down the toilet. I'm a Plumber. He tells me several days later. Long story short, I pull the toilet and get the chompers out. Got toilet paper hanging off them:laughing: He throws them in some bleach. From then on when I saw them all I thought about was that toilet paper picture etched in my brain:lol::laughing::D:shock:

OMG! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Hilarious mental image of your dog nosing around to learn your name. So funny! Hope your head feels better, and you got the smell off your dental device! ;)

Thanks for the share and the good laugh!

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom