Knees

STAG15

Hey all! Here's a question for the gallery...

I am sure there are other people on this forum that have at least one bad knee.

What do you do to protect your knees or treat them after a hard day of MDing?

I got some cheapo kneepads but looking for more tricks.

I have several different pairs of knee pads. Some work better than others. Without them, kneeling on rocks and stickers isn't pleasant. If I come across a new set that aren't too expensive, I'm willing to give them a try.

I have a pair of gel filled knee pads that are absolutely great. They are not big and bulky and haven't had sore knees since getting them. Got them at lowes.

I try to dig mostly without kneeling in the summer. I hate fireants, and prefer not to kneel on them in shorts.

In winter, I have tried construction kneepads, but they hurt worse than the ground, though the pain is in the back of the leg where the straps are... I mostly just do without pads.

Both knees have been scoped, and the rt one hurts some, daily again. I need to get back on the bike for it...

I use the best knee pads available (at Lowes), my knees hurt when kneeling without them, so I figure they are well worth the investment. I can kneel all day with these. RickO

I just got a cheapo pair in Wally World, Fiskars. You know those scissors and knife folks. They seem to do a pretty fair job. I was beating the left knee up without them. Check them out. For 7 bucks you can get a couple sets to have em dry when you need em.

When I wear shorts I use a knee wrap to save on the rubbing from the knee pad themselves. Works like a charm. The gel pads sound interesting. Where did you find them Tin Nugget?
HH

I haven't tried the strap-on knee pads, but Hubby and I carry and use those rubber/foam gardening pads. In my left had is my towel, pad, and digging tool, and in the right had is the Tesoro. Works for me so far. : )

Knee pads

I use the soft gel ones I got from Home depot. Very comfortable. They last me twice as long cause I only wear one......Gil

After about six hours of MDing on the beach my knees are killing me and my ankles are swollen so when I get home I take a good cool shower and then take two bottles of Bud Light out of the fridge and set one on each knee while sitting on the couch reading the forum. After those two bottles are emptied I stretch my knees by walking to the kitchen to restart the process. After about four rotations of this my knees no longer hurt and the post I read are alot funnier.:D

HH

Doug

After about six hours of MDing on the beach my knees are killing me and my ankles are swollen so when I get home I take a good cool shower and then take two bottles of Bud Light out of the fridge and set one on each knee while sitting on the couch reading the forum. After those two bottles are emptied I stretch my knees by walking to the kitchen to restart the process. After about four rotations of this my knees no longer hurt and the post I read are alot funnier.:D

HH

Doug

amen to that....only its my shoulder that gives me the fits. but i use the same process and from what i read its supposed to cure all types of stuff:lol::lol::lol:

When I wear shorts I use a knee wrap to save on the rubbing from the knee pad themselves. Works like a charm. The gel pads sound interesting. Where did you find them Tin Nugget?
HH

I got mine at Lowes. They are made for floor installers. They come in a large selection of sizes. I got the smallest gel filled pair they had. My wife made some puffy sleeves to go over the straps so there is no discomfort to the back side of my legs. I bought a pair of gel filled ones from Kellyco before finding these but they were way to big and bulky.

Yep, the Lowes knee pads are best for me also. I tried the handheld pad that frankiefry mentioned and that was the best cushioning of all, it's just the kneepads are hands free.

Now I haven't gone to the beer method yet but if you have general muscle aches I use this stuff "Absorbine Veterinary Liniment Gel". Works like magic and yes there is a horse on the label. The vet office that sells this can't keep enough in stock!

For me getting old is an adventure, now I know what Mom meant when she said, "Just wait until you are old".

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions you guys!
I ended up getting some flat-faced "stabilizing", gel-filled kneepads at Lowes.

Wow, what a difference!

Back
Top Bottom