Ring finds for the last week

ChrisnAmanda1

Elite Member
So we decided we wanted to up our ring game, I think CarsonChris and I even had a bet LOL!! Might not be to impressive yet, but the last week or so has been KILLER for rings! of the 7 rings we found, 4 of them have been silver, and 3 of the silvers came out of the same spot! The other 3 are just junkers but these 7 rings bring our ring total up to 8 for the year.n We are still pretty new to the hobby and winter kinda stopped us from hunting for a while, but since we have been back out it's been pretty awesome hunting! Just wish I knew how to better use my Fisher! LOL!! Anyways, here is our ring finds for the last week!

Attachments

• 100_3691.jpg
    100_3691.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:
That's looking pretty good! There's always something nice about finding a ring. Even better if they have cool stones/unique designs. Much better if they are precious metals. Best of all if they are precious metal with real gemstones.
Go get 'em all!

Big congrats on the jewelry haul !! You're definitely doing something right!!

As far as learning your machine, read and re-read the manual, dig LOTS of holes, and watch YouTube videos about your rig.

Keep us posted on his it goes.

That's looking pretty good! There's always something nice about finding a ring. Even better if they have cool stones/unique designs. Much better if they are precious metals. Best of all if they are precious metal with real gemstones.
Go get 'em all!

LOL I agree about the unique designs. I found two that were so worn down there's no telling WHAT they were. One has an amethyst stone in it sitting ontop of what looks like a flower, the other one kinda looks like a tooth LOL! I almost threw the tooth looking one away because it looked like a pull tab! I also have a 10k Black Hills Gold ring we found within a few weeks of buying our first detector! I set a goal for us this year including 2 more gold rings! Hopefully we make it!

You’re killing me! I need a 5 ring day to catch up! Going to Tahoe tomorrow. Hope there’s a few of them in the water!

Good luck! I bet you come across a couple. For some reason the water seems to attract gold! LOL! A 5 ring day would be insane!! Post results!!

So we decided we wanted to up our ring game, I think CarsonChris and I even had a bet LOL!! Might not be to impressive yet, but the last week or so has been KILLER for rings! of the 7 rings we found, 4 of them have been silver, and 3 of the silvers came out of the same spot! The other 3 are just junkers but these 7 rings bring our ring total up to 8 for the year.n We are still pretty new to the hobby and winter kinda stopped us from hunting for a while, but since we have been back out it's been pretty awesome hunting! Just wish I knew how to better use my Fisher! LOL!! Anyways, here is our ring finds for the last week!

Those are great finds! I remember my first ring box collection like that... just three years ago.
picture.php

I think I'd found a couple other rings, at the time, but they were junk, and I didn't include them. This picture was taken 3 months into the hobby. I'd already landed 3 golds, 2 silvers, a tungsten, titanium, and stainless steel. It was an unbelievable streak of good luck that got me totally hooked. Frankly, I think God had something to do with it, because I took those gold rings, and along with my too small old wedding ring, sold them for $300 (way underpriced, but I didn't know about the refinery, yet), and bought my son an ACE250. I'd been praying for a way to connect with the boy, for a long time, and we just didn't get a long.

Metal detecting changed everything. My son became my "best bud" and we detected regularly every day, for a couple of years. Eventually, being a teenager caught up with him, but it created a nice lasting relationship. Now, he's 16 (I'm in my 4th year detecting), and while the last time he went detecting with me was a year ago, we do things together several times a week. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to have connected with him. :)

And I think it's absolutely AMAZING that the two of you are detecting together. I hope you find the shared experiences draw you closer than ever. :) And... methinks that Amanda needs some extra ice-bling for her fingers, yes?

Cheers!

Skippy

Those are great finds! I remember my first ring box collection like that... just three years ago.
picture.php

I think I'd found a couple other rings, at the time, but they were junk, and I didn't include them. This picture was taken 3 months into the hobby. I'd already landed 3 golds, 2 silvers, a tungsten, titanium, and stainless steel. It was an unbelievable streak of good luck that got me totally hooked. Frankly, I think God had something to do with it, because I took those gold rings, and along with my too small old wedding ring, sold them for $300 (way underpriced, but I didn't know about the refinery, yet), and bought my son an ACE250. I'd been praying for a way to connect with the boy, for a long time, and we just didn't get a long.

Metal detecting changed everything. My son became my "best bud" and we detected regularly every day, for a couple of years. Eventually, being a teenager caught up with him, but it created a nice lasting relationship. Now, he's 16 (I'm in my 4th year detecting), and while the last time he went detecting with me was a year ago, we do things together several times a week. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to have connected with him. :)

And I think it's absolutely AMAZING that the two of you are detecting together. I hope you find the shared experiences draw you closer than ever. :) And... methinks that Amanda needs some extra ice-bling for her fingers, yes?

Cheers!

Skippy

What a cool way to connect with your son! Awesome rings too!! I feel very fortunate with the couple rings we have found as the silver and gold still outweigh the junk! LOL! I agree... She DOES need some bling for her finger! We just had a baby girl, the bling on the finger is on the way!

picture.php

Cheers!

Skippy

When you talk about the refinery, what's the process like selling to them? Shops around town are a rip off...

When you talk about the refinery, what's the process like selling to them? Shops around town are a rip off...

I sell through ARA, though they went through some recent changes, that lead me to believe the payouts aren't "quite" as good. I'm still getting about 90%, though so it's better than in town.

The 90% is after shipping costs, and according to my own estimates of the gold.

Unless gold is "plumb" it can be down 1/2 carat and still be legal. For example, 13.5K gold can be called 14K. Its rare for it to be more, but I've found that most of my gold unless it reads 14KP, for example (indicating plumb), then it's slightly less than 14K. I just calculate 13.5. From there, you calculate the estimated payout and then 98% of that (for ARA refinery).

Thus, if you look up 14K gold spot, and weigh accordingly, you'll never get 100% of what you're looking at. You'll get less, because it's 13.5K.

That SHOULD be what you get, but it never is. It's always light, since the changeover. I lose about another 1/4 carat or part of the weight (up to a GRAM) in loss, especially if there is stone removal (where they use an acid, but don't precipitate so well).

To do the ARA, just hit their website, www.aragold.com and fill out both the order form, and the new client form (you'll have to use your SSN for the EID).

Ship them both in the first time (in an insured package). It's not really worth it for one ring.. But I usually send an ounce or more in at a time.

If you go to send, and you want some help the first time, PM me, and I'll send you my cell #.

Cheers!

Skippy

I sell through ARA, though they went through some recent changes, that lead me to believe the payouts aren't "quite" as good. I'm still getting about 90%, though so it's better than in town.

The 90% is after shipping costs, and according to my own estimates of the gold.

Unless gold is "plumb" it can be down 1/2 carat and still be legal. For example, 13.5K gold can be called 14K. Its rare for it to be more, but I've found that most of my gold unless it reads 14KP, for example (indicating plumb), then it's slightly less than 14K. I just calculate 13.5. From there, you calculate the estimated payout and then 98% of that (for ARA refinery).

Thus, if you look up 14K gold spot, and weigh accordingly, you'll never get 100% of what you're looking at. You'll get less, because it's 13.5K.

That SHOULD be what you get, but it never is. It's always light, since the changeover. I lose about another 1/4 carat or part of the weight (up to a GRAM) in loss, especially if there is stone removal (where they use an acid, but don't precipitate so well).

To do the ARA, just hit their website, www.aragold.com and fill out both the order form, and the new client form (you'll have to use your SSN for the EID).

Ship them both in the first time (in an insured package). It's not really worth it for one ring.. But I usually send an ounce or more in at a time.

If you go to send, and you want some help the first time, PM me, and I'll send you my cell #.

Cheers!

Skippy

Thanks! I'll have to sign up asap! Hopefully I dig enough gold to send in! An ounce of gold would be a welcome pay out! LOL!

I will let you know as soon as I'm ready! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom