Waterproof pinpointers...

I've used my Pro-Find 35 to recover some ear rings that were too small for the scoop.. The Garrett should work also.

Anyone use these to scan the shallows?? Thinking of the new Garrett AT propointer with 360° detection. Thanks.

I have a carrot and it does fine in the water. I keep it on a lanyard when water detecting and it comes in handy pretty often.

Are you thinking of using it as a recovery device ....... or a detector :?: As a detector...... wow youd have to have a lot of time on your hands and apparently not enough money to by a water machine. Would i use it as a detector...... no a detector might cost more ...... but covering more beach at the end of the year clearly we know which would be best.

As a recovery device for tiny pieces...... ive not needed it. Wet sand or dry..... if its so tiny i cant see it once i isolate it with the detector and its not yellow i move on. In the water...... if you cant get it with the scoop...... you would need a mask and run the sand across the detector ....... fanning may be just as easy. But in the most case ....... we know its tiny..... we know if its a high or low conductor.... if high why chase it?

Thanks everyone. Nothing serious- just a way to enjoy a wade at 71! I use to LIVE in the water as a kid and at 30 discovered this hobby. Watched one video of a guy doing it and looked like fun and a way to enjoy 100+° temperatures! Oh- and I might find something!:laughing:

If you're in salt water, you should consider a Fisher F-Pulse (Teknetics Tek-Point) for a pinpointer.

They're PI instead of VLF, and PI is supposed to perform much better in that environment.

Sounds like "Work" getting about three to four inches of detecting range sounds like a lot of work for not a whole lot of reward.

Back
Top Bottom