Hello from Okinawa

Superscooper

Hello! I am new to the site but have been detecting for the last 25 years. I have recently been stationed here in Okinawa and will be here for the next 4 years! I have done a bit of hunting on base and at the beaches with pretty good luck so far. Glad to meet you all, anybody else here in Okinawa?

Welcome to the board! Reach out to "Onthespot". I think he spent some years in Okinawa and did quite well.

Thank you for your service!

R5

Welcome to the board! Reach out to "Onthespot". I think he spent some years in Okinawa and did quite well.

Thank you for your service!

R5

Poor (on the spot) moved to florida, and last I seen sold all of his detectors.:?:

Poor (on the spot) moved to florida, and last I seen sold all of his detectors.:?:
I can understand the move to Florida but why did he sell all his detectors?

I can understand the move to Florida but why did he sell all his detectors?

Yep... but he sure scored over there. Nice, nice, guy. If he's still lurking, he might be willing to share some info.

R5

welcome ! I was stationed there years ago,looking back now I wish I would of been into this hobby would of cleaned up . is bc street still around:yes:

Haha, I sold almost all of my machines, I kept a Sand Shark. I have not hunted once since I moved back to Florida in 2015.

As for hunting Okinawa, it's a big learning curve and once you figure it out, it's awesome!!!

Hello! I am new to the site but have been detecting for the last 25 years. I have recently been stationed here in Okinawa and will be here for the next 4 years! I have done a bit of hunting on base and at the beaches with pretty good luck so far. Glad to meet you all, anybody else here in Okinawa?

Went there on a vacation - hunted glass beach and found a ton of junk - a local told me later on that area used to be the dump...… yep figured that out on my own.....

There is a regular on here that's there now.... always seemed to be posting nice jewelry ……

GL & HH

Beautiful place. I never detected there, BUT that is where I learned how to dive and where I was certified. Best decision I made while I was there.

Good luck in your searches.

Seems there was a member here who frequently found grenades :?: ? Best o' luck and thanks for you service! :tiphat:

Haha, I sold almost all of my machines, I kept a Sand Shark. I have not hunted once since I moved back to Florida in 2015.

As for hunting Okinawa, it's a big learning curve and once you figure it out, it's awesome!!!

You had quite the run while in Okinawa OTS. Good to see you're still lurking.

R5

Back
Top Bottom