One of a kind bucket lister!

diggergirl

I hope the pictures come through.

Ok I'm late posting this...my new job (working for myself!) has me a little busy.
I was doing a little park hunting a couple of weeks ago, and was thrilled to find a cheap silver ring.
I was joined by a group of children. I'm never annoyed by it, and used the chance to show them my equipment and teach them a bit. I think their parents were as interested as the kids.
I got a shallow signal (66 on my AT Pro), and they got excited. I watned them that it might be another bit of trash.
But there, about 3" down, completly full of dirt, wasTHIS.
I a quick decrusting revealed "22K" on the inside. I about peed my pants!
My students were so excited I gave the parents money to take them for ice cream.

Cleaned it up and decided it needed appraising. I took it to Tom Tivol (of Tivol jewelry...he is also a professor of jewelry history).
It appears to be Indonesian, and the inscription "Sajen" on the inside is Balinese for "offering". The stone is moonstone.
Mid 20th century, confirmed 22K gold.
Appraisal: $1800 (for insurance purposes) 😊

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

Great hunt

"My students were so excited I gave the parents money to take them for ice cream."

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Here's a picture of diggergirl's ring. Congrats.

Attachments

• 35629293_10155640316388946_3306405466732494848_n.jpg
    35629293_10155640316388946_3306405466732494848_n.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 411
WOW that ring is a beauty ..

I do the same when kids come around.. just yesterday I had a mom and her daughter come up to me and asked if her daughter could watch me dig something.. I KNEW the signal was trash so when she wasn't looking I pulled out a penny and palmed it.
I gave her daughter the penny and she was really.. really happy.
Her mom told me her daughter wants a metal detector bad from watching TV shows.

hey you never know, maybe there is another Diggergirl in the making out there...

I do the same thing if I have a kid watching me. I give them the coin no matter if it's a penny or a quarter. Gotta keep this great hobby going with fresh young blood.
Bubbaron

WOW that ring is a beauty ..

I do the same when kids come around.. just yesterday I had a mom and her daughter come up to me and asked if her daughter could watch me dig something.. I KNEW the signal was trash so when she wasn't looking I pulled out a penny and palmed it.
I gave her daughter the penny and she was really.. really happy.
Her mom told me her daughter wants a metal detector bad from watching TV shows.

hey you never know, maybe there is another Diggergirl in the making out there...
Nice Job! Houdini!!

Back
Top Bottom