• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

This made me chuckle

Jrm

I moved and started a new job in October of last year. I barely have time to CRH anymore, but I did get a coworker and his sons into it. I have not had a find worth speaking of for quite some time when I am able to get a few cases, but I do keep up with the forums, and it is always nice to see others finds. Recently, we had some time to kill between cases and my coworkers wife brought in his weekly order of halves (lucky guy). It was great to be going through coins again, but besides a 1986 Liberty commemorative, there were no keepers. One coin in particular made me laugh however...

Kings way of throwing everyone else off the trail? :laughing:

STOP CRH on the front side and Stop investing in silver on the reverse. Although, now that I look at the picture, it seems like the 'o' in the face stop is a little heart haha. Someone who is not lucky enough to have a wife like my coworker perhaps?

Attachments

• 1118161440.jpg
    1118161440.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 230
  • 1118161440a.jpg
    1118161440a.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 222
KT takes no credit for doing that! Ha ha. But not a bad idea, to discourage all the rest of the competition so His Majesty can clean up those boxes of all their silver toss a ways!

KT suspects it was done by some disgruntled Loomis or other coin supplying business employee who is upset with having to tote those heavy boxes and bags around! Ha ha. His Majesty has never had any bank employee gripe about CRHing, except one of the Loomis deliverers who complainted to the Royal Bank Manager about it. He got told very quickly, hey, be glad you got a job ! If no one ordered coins, you'd be out of work!

The only thing KT does is mark very few of His halves that have an orange round sticker with a black marker with the Royal Initials so that the next CRHer knows KT has looked them over! You would never find an 86 Lib Proof in any of KT's boxes as He would have nabbed em! :laughing:

Haha yeah, I've never heard of one of the couriers complaining. I used to run into them a lot when I would pick up my coins. I need to find the time to really get back into CRH, lugging all the metal around was good for my arms.

Whoever marked it got it right - silver as an investment...one of the worst investments one could make in the last couple years...:laughing:

OTOH, silver as insurance - great plan!

Back
Top Bottom