4" Fisher F2 Coil?

Vermonster

Elite Member
Quick question. I have yet to use the sniper coil on my F2 that I bought a couple of months ago. The sites that I have been hunting, mainly the 1880-1910 relicy types locations, are drying up, with the exception of areas that are loaded with old brass casings and nails. I have found 4 old coins at the location, a V nickel, 2 Seated Quarters, and an IH, in a boatload of hours of hunting. Now, I am wondering is there really was not many coins dropped in those 30 years, or maybe the junk is masking better stuff. I don't really think it's been hunted or cherry picked, given the location and what I have found so far.

So, my question is, would this be a good place to throw it on and try it for the first time? If so, are all the tones and stuff the same as the other coil? Probably a dumb question, but like I said, haven't used one yet. Also, does it add or subtract depth when using the sniper coil???? I have heard both.

Thanks for any info.......

I would definitely put on the small sniper coil - will be able to get through some of the junk that may be masking a good target.

tones and VDI will be the same as the coil you are now using.

get slightly less depth with the sniper coil compared to the 8" coil but I have never found it to be that much of a problem

I would definitely put on the small sniper coil - will be able to get through some of the junk that may be masking a good target.

tones and VDI will be the same as the coil you are now using.

get slightly less depth with the sniper coil compared to the 8" coil but I have never found it to be that much of a problem

I would agree with TwistedT. I use and love the sniper. Any depth you may lose is neglible for the selectivity you'll gain using it.

All of thee above.

18 months I used the 8"coil and found a ton.
For the next 18 months I used the sniper coil exclusively except for a couple of hunts using the 10" concentric.
In those last 18 months I found way more than I ever did with my 8" in my mostly severely trashed out sites including sites I had visited repeatedly with my 8" coil and thought I cleaned up well...but really didn't.
In that total for that period I found relics and enough clad and silver and gold jewelry to pay for my F2 and all my coils about 5-7 times over, maybe more.
I found 13 gold targets alone in a 15 month span starting almost immediately after mounting that coil as a lark.
The 8" was never used again after mounting that sniper and I never had a regret about that.
To this day snipers are my favorite and usual go-to coil and I have them for every one of my detectors in my collection.
As others have stated my numbers and behavior stayed the same and my depth loss was negligible.

Thanks guys. I will throw it on next time I get down to my spot. Appreciate it.

4in

I put the sniper coil on my f2 and used it some then went back to the 8. I wouldn't even put the 8 back on again

Back
Top Bottom