cool button!

007tallguy

Elite Member
i found some time to get out for a while today despite a light rain falling. i was hunting the general area around what used to be a blacksmiths shop many moons ago, iron signals everywhere, lol. it just looks like an overgrown field now, but i did score several ox shoes, a couple of 20ga head-stamps, a 1929 penny and a really cool button! and lots of wood ticks! :mad:
i only have pics of the button here, but if anyone has any info on this one, i'd love to know its' origin! the back is too rusted to get any detail. :no:
thanks for looking,

Pete :D

Attachments

• IMAG1039_1.jpg
    IMAG1039_1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 313
  • IMAG1041_1.jpg
    IMAG1041_1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 311
  • IMAG1042_1.jpg
    IMAG1042_1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 312
Very cool.... ...great find...youre the owner of a one of a kind find!

i'm starting to think the same thing, lol.
it's tilted slightly to the left, but what i think i see on it is perhaps pheasants taking off from a corn field but i'm not sure what the little triangular shape is supposed to be so maybe it's hunting related?
i did find it in an area where there had been troop movements, likely British troops, and history dating back to the mid to late 1700's and into the early 1800's. of course that doesn't mean this button is quite that old. i actually thought i was digging up a large cent until i got some of the dirt brushed away and i saw what it was, lol.

thank you all for the comments! :D

Back
Top Bottom