OK PI Gurus "VLF welcome too"

CZBob

Has anyone done any depth testing with there PIs/VLF machines ? No guessing, no hearsay but true measured depth on real targets in real conditions.

Seems to me there is a lot of bandwagon jumping and hype. Yet no one ever comes up with any proof of anything. Ive been doing some comparison testing with the most popular beach machines over the past few weeks. Not only with hunters and there machines from my area but spanning from other states.

I was all revved up to buy a PI machine. But from my findings i'm not so sure i need to.

Just do what makes you happy!

Pulse Induction is the king when it comes to depth. You don't see successful hunters using them and spending up to $5,500.00 for a Minelab GPX 5000 just because.. :cool:

But i have yet to see any definitive proof that there deeper or better. No hearsay, no Hype, no bandwagon jumping. Is there any video out there that shows some depth testing ?

Pulse Induction is the king when it comes to depth. You don't see successful hunters using them and spending up to $5,500.00 for a Minelab GPX 5000 just because.. :cool:

How do you explain Eric Foster using a VLF machine over a pulse machine on the beach ?

Well I can say the HH PI goes way deeper than my At Pro in the salt. :shock: Needed some pain meds after those deep holes

But i have yet to see any definitive proof that there deeper or better. No hearsay, no Hype, no bandwagon jumping. Is there any video out there that shows some depth testing ?

No hype the PI is deeper than a VLF... I have run Excals the CZ20, other top end machines and they do not get the depth of a good pulse machine Bob...

I use a PI in the water and in wet sand that I know is pretty clean of iron.. those beaches that are iron infested in the wet sand and slope I use my GT which may not be as deep as my PI but saves me from digging a load of iron...

I respect everyones response :grin: But what i was hoping for is measured proof of "what" kind of depths people are getting. Not a PI vs VLF debate. I was hoping there was some cold hard proof on the net somewhere.

Sure there are some skewed websites out there that I have seen... they are laughable at best...

A pulse machine is not bothered by black sand, salt and minerals like a dicriminating machine is... as soon as you add discrimination to a machine you are cutting down on the depth you can expect to get...

sounds like a video in the making.......

If I had anyone to hunt with I'd have gopro in hand and do it...

Anyone from the Corpus Christi area on here??????

Pulse Induction is the king when it comes to depth. You don't see successful hunters using them and spending up to $5,500.00 for a Minelab GPX 5000 just because..
I think we are talking beach detectors....But here you go ...GPX4800 ring at 17 inch's Bob and Terry...can the CZ do that?................Tell'em Bob...

What it all boils down to is knowing your machine and beach

For me a PI detector is one more tool. A tool I just didn't use enough.

There are beaches where I hunt that will not allow me to use a PI detector. There is just too much iron and trash. No matter how good you think you are with signals a PI is not a very feasible option.

The amout of water hunting time is also a factor. Here in the Mid Atlantic you can only hunt low tide in the water. High tide is just too rough to hunt in. So you are limited to a few hrs a day. I personally won't enter the water at night or off season in a wet suit. So there are limitations of time for PI water hunting.

Then there is the big hole factor. Go out into the water in the Mid Atlantic area and dig your deep hole. Unless your using a very large scoop or back hoe your not going to get very deep. Mother nature has a way of winning the race to fill it in.

Yes a PI may get deeper. But a Sovereign with a 15 inch WOT gets deep enough for me. Watch some of Max's videos when he uses the WOT on his SE Pro. 8 scoops to get targets. That's enough.

I know that beach hunting is all about target weight and sinking in the sand. Being at the beach at the right time and learning to read a beach is how I compensate for not using a PI.

Cool vid. Looks like proof to me. Hype? hearsay?... nah. extreme depth is just the nature of a PI. Before I bought mine, I was advised by certain forum members to "be prepared to dig"....:lol: needless to say, they were right. Now it's just common practice for me to sink the coil below grade sometimes to recover a target. I never minded digging it all, maybe when I turn 70 I'll get a VLF and cherry pick :grin:

Has anyone done any depth testing with there PIs/VLF machines ? No guessing, no hearsay but true measured depth on real targets in real conditions.

Seems to me there is a lot of bandwagon jumping and hype. Yet no one ever comes up with any proof of anything. Ive been doing some comparison testing with the most popular beach machines over the past few weeks. Not only with hunters and there machines from my area but spanning from other states.

I was all revved up to buy a PI machine. But from my findings i'm not so sure i need to.
ummm, reading your post you say "Ive been doing some comparison testing with the most popular beach machines over the past few weeks........" What are your test results? If you have done this then why ask others? You already have the results and proof. Please tell us in detail about this testing spanning other states too. I would love to see your results on what you found out specifically on your extensive testing. You do not mention that.

Cool vid. Looks like proof to me. Hype? hearsay?... nah. extreme depth is just the nature of a PI. Before I bought mine, I was advised by certain forum members to "be prepared to dig"....:lol: needless to say, they were right. Now it's just common practice for me to sink the coil below grade sometimes to recover a target. I never minded digging it all, maybe when I turn 70 I'll get a VLF and cherry pick :grin:
Yep, told you so. :lol: That video for the Minelab machine was interesting but if I am going to pay $5000.00 for a detector it better serve me breakfast in bed! Dang, 5K? You got to be kidding me. Personally I don't want to dig more than 17 inches. I have dug that with your Sand Shark only to find a half coke can. Do that all day and you better be calling 911 to come get you :lol::lol:

To me a comparison like a GPX 5000 to an Xcal is just a stupid comparison. Its like taking a Xcal and comparing it to a cheap machine in the wet sand. Compare something like the DF to an Xcal thats what you are really asking anyway. Are you saying you dont believe a PI that unaffected by minerals is as deep even after some of your comparisons. By the way what were the depths you were getting from your research?

Dew

Sure there are some skewed websites out there that I have seen... they are laughable at best...

A pulse machine is not bothered by black sand, salt and minerals like a dicriminating machine is... as soon as you add discrimination to a machine you are cutting down on the depth you can expect to get...

What would the diffrence be when at Disc 0 ? I understand PIs are not affected by saltwater and black sand. On the other hand planes trains and passing boats ?

Yep, told you so. :lol: That video for the Minelab machine was interesting but if I am going to pay $5000.00 for a detector it better serve me breakfast in bed! Dang, 5K? You got to be kidding me. Personally I don't want to dig more than 17 inches. I have dug that with your Sand Shark only to find a half coke can. Do that all day and you better be calling 911 to come get you :lol::lol:

This is what intrests me the most. Also, just because somonetake 5-6 scoops of wet sand out of a hole doesn't prove it was deep. We all know how wet sand caves into a hole.

Back
Top Bottom