Which direction to take?

caheaton

Hello, I've been contemplating purchasing another coil for the F2 to increase my depth ability at sights that I suspect have been heavily hunted (and also for use at private property on which I'm certain there are older, deeper coins). It seems I have 3 options:

10" round coil: This is the least expensive option, but also more prone to trash masking and a smaller detection field at depth. Besides price, other advantages are easier pin pointing and no variation in TID from my existing 4" and 8" coils.

11" DD coil: Depth on a par with the 10" (maybe slightly less?), but larger target area at depth and less prone to trash masking then the large circular coil. Cons are less accurate pin pointing (not a big issue, I can learn the new coil), a change in the TID and biggest of all the price...nearly as much as the F2 itself!

a second metal detector: Leaning towards the F5, but may just hold off for a year or so and then get the F70. Does the F5 offer much greater depth then the F2? My research shows it is a bit less then the F70, but the all metal abilities of the F5 and the control it offers over configuration are appealilng. On the other hand, the F70 may just be deep enough to grab coins that others have missed over the years using lesser machines. Bother machines seem to do well with tiny gold and a small coil (the F2 didn't beep when passing a gold earring back under the coil...I would like one that could detect such small gold, though I may just pick up a Compadre one day and dedicate it to such tasks).

Craig

Craig since you posted I would assume you wanted info. On the new coil for you F2 I would save your $ and keep it toward a new machine. Get a machine with ground balance. That will help "tune" you detector to the soil your hunting in and get you more depth tahna new coil for the F2.

The F5 is a VERY good coin machine. F70 is a good coin shooter too but its freq gives it the edge on relics at depth.

If you have more questions or need pricing feel free to call me. Thanks, Bart

Back
Top Bottom