!!!warning - be careful!!!

Just wanted to say that I know nothing about blasting caps but I do know black power if that is what this cap is. Black powder is made wet so if it gets wet it will not burn but if it dries out again it is very dangerous and will ignite :shock::shock::shock: be super careful

note to self...........don't go metal detecting around your area:lol:

Turn it over to the authorities. They have the facilities to dispose of it. That can be a dangerous item to have around. Sure as hell, if you hang on to it, someone will get stupid and hurt themselves - not necessarily you.

There is some nasty stuff out there... a year or two ago, a relic collector died in his driveway while 'defusing' a relic bomb..... use caution. HH RickO

There is some nasty stuff out there... a year or two ago, a relic collector died in his driveway while 'defusing' a relic bomb..... use caution. HH RickO

Hey Rick O are you talking about the guy who was collecting cannon balls? I know there was a guy across the Belgian border who found an American hand grenade and tried to trist the top off to defuse it and it exploded... Re-Tar-Ded

If you call the bomb squad, be prepared for them to evacuate your immediate area. They WILL do that for sure.

Remember, all explosives are built differently. Sure, it might have powder in it and may not be viable due to the elements. HOWEVER, it could have plastic explosives in which case requires an intense heat source to explode, but there are some more volatile explosives that don't require so much to go BOOM!!

Scary stuff!

The police came and got it about 30 minutes after I found it. There is NO WAY I was keeping that thing with 4 kids!! I also couldn't leave it where I found it since it was at the GRADE SCHOOL behind my house!!!

ya know, that's the biggest thing that people comment on usually right after I tell them I have a metal detector. They say "don't blow yourself up on a gas line!!" I'm pretty sure I'd notice a signal length in two directions, one of which leading to a large GAS tank, and the other to the house....:lol::lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom