Video Record your Finds with this :)

NBerne

For those of you who like to video record your finds....

I have been offered a great deal on some "Sunglasses" with a Built in DVR Recorder, that will record up to 5 hours of video and audio. They have 4GB of internal memory, and can expand up to a total of 12GB with an added 8GB SD card. If your interested please PM ME.

38735_145430338804986_100000140632178_445650_2973853_n.jpg

I figured this is a general, because i think you all might be interested, and these are not for sale by me atm... just checking if there is any interest.

Last edited:
I don't have these sunglasses, but I have bought similar items (car remote camera, fountain pen camera), and they take okay video but they put a date and time on the screen, and I can't figure out how to take it off.

Worse, I can't figure out how to set it properly. It says January 1 no matter what I do. "Instructions" are included, but they are written in pigeon english and make no sense at all.

You've got to create a couple of text files, with a specific name, and on boot-up the time will be set.

I like the idea but I'm afraid the quality of video wouldn't be much more than being able to see something was found. I doubt it does well at detail.

From China at under 10 bucks

You might get the sun glasses, but there will be no electronics in em...lol
You would seriously buy directly from China...China????

HH,

Like I said I like the idea I just can't see the video quality being very good. I've messed with doing my own detecting videos and it's hard to get good quality from even a fairly expensive camera. The problem is in the closeups. Doesn't do much good if all you see is some round thing being pulled from the ground.

I bet the max resolution on that is 640x480 and that's a stretch. It may take video poorer than most smart phones, and that's not acceptable.

I use this: Samsung HMX-R10. Has a macro focus feature that will get in at 1" perfectly focused and records at 1080p at 30 fps or 1080i at 60 fps. There are so many other options as well. Time lapse recording, slow motion, etc. Wouldn't it be cool to hunt a yard and record the entire thing in a time lapse? :lol: It also takes stills as 12mp (4000x3000) and all of my photos you can in my album were taken with this camcorder, including the closeups. Here's one, below the camera.

Anyways, this camera is small enough to fit in a large pocket and it gets the job done very well. Here's a time lapse video sample I did in low light. Consider that you'll be using it in broad daylight. Also consider youtube destroys the raw content of videos. Make sure to click 1080p, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIkHG7UTsXo

Attachments

• 10297-r10black02.jpg
    10297-r10black02.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 163
  • CAM_0169.jpg
    CAM_0169.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 157
Back
Top Bottom