• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Gulf Hunt

anode

Wife called about 4:30PM on her way home friday and ask if i wanted to go to Gulf Shores Alabama for the weekend. Never passing up a chance to detect i told her i would start to load the car. By 5:30 we were loaded and on the road and heading east for a three hour drive. We should have checked the weather as the forcast was rain saturday and sunday. but having the excalibur the rain didnt stop me from going out saturday and sunday morning in the rain. sure glad the temp was in the low 70's. Looking down the beach on saturday i seen another hunter but by the time i got where he was he was gone, but he had left plenty of holes, guess he didnt know to fill them. i didnt find any gold or silver but i was able to get some time in with the excalibur. the pic of the junk is only part of the trash i cleaned from the beach. all said and done i had a great time. was not able to get into the water very deep the waves were just to strong so i was mostly in the wet sand and some in the dry sand.

OrangeBeachJan07006Small.jpg

After cleaning coins
OrangeBeachJan07012Small.jpg

Nice going anode! No silver or gold but just getting out and enjoying yourself is payment enough in my book. I'm about ready to just drive south and look for the first piece of unfrozen ground to get a fix. I love it here but could do without the winters.

SteveMN said:
Nice going anode! No silver or gold but just getting out and enjoying yourself is payment enough in my book. I'm about ready to just drive south and look for the first piece of unfrozen ground to get a fix. I love it here but could do without the winters.

Well done:)

Nice day anode, from what I have seen in this area the gold and silver will soon follow !!!

Back
Top Bottom