Gloves?

Great post Wthesing, I have been using mechanics gloves, and a pair of gloves with a mesh backing that I got at Dick's Sporting Goods for $4.99, since I posted this question. As I get into this hobby I realize more and more that it requires more than just a metal detector.

was out today on an old freshly cut back part of hill in provence with alot of stone walls,rubble and old foundations,i was detecting a dry stone wall and got a strong high tone,got a little exited as in old walls we all now can be interesting so dismantaled a few stones to get deeper to then have a scorpion land on my hand and then strike no idea if he missed or touched, one things for sure is i don,t have any swelling tonight thanks to the gloves
oh yeh in the wall was a round lump of led :P

It's way too hot here this time of year for gloves. I've got so many scars from cuts I guess a few more won't kill me. I would just advise be very carefull if not using gloves.

To me gloves are a must. I have dug holes only to find there is broken glass in with the target. I use a pair of those mechanic gloves. They are more form fitting than the regular leather ones, and not quite as hot on a warm day.

I am not sure how many Canadians view this site but Canadian Tire has a sale on Mechanix gloves half price

from 14.99 to 17.49

I wear Banom TriMax cut resistant gloves.

TriMax® - Medium Weight, Triple Ply, Spiral Wrapped Spectra® - CPPT 3228

http://www.banom.com/

They are a tight stretchy fit and aren't to hot to wear. They work well for cleaning off the coin too.

Schrecky...
Those Banoms' look nice and make sense. I will have to try a
pair of the ones they offer with rubberized fingers and palms. :!:

I use Hands plus vinyl gloves. A box of 100 is $7 at Menards.
They dont offer much protection but they keep your hands clean.
I put on a new pair at each outing and use a plugger and a Fiskrs garden knife if needed. They do make your hands sweat on a hot day though.

Back
Top Bottom