Not so Friendly ?

I have 2 friends , Male and female. Both whom I have introduced into this hobby within the last year.
I hunt with each separately. Have taught each many of my tips , secrets , etc. But not all ! What bothers me the most is they can't keep their pie holes shut ! Whenever a stranger wants to talk to them , they inevitably tell them about everything they have found. Or they will say " I didn't find anything , but The KOB found a gold ring ". I hate it. I have told them each about 3 or 4 times to say , if anything " just a few coins , or just trash ". I don't say anything about my finds unless I REALLY know someone.

What has The KOB done wrong ? The guy talks more than the girl. Onetime , he was giving advice on detecting ( like an expert ) to a stranger as I walked by. This " friend " has yet to find his first piece of gold . I'm to the point where I no longer want to take them out hunting anymore. Or bring in any other newbies. Guess that's why I have hunted solo for some 35 years. Any help here guys on what I should do ?

I think it maybe EGO or pride getting in the way. Some people need to feel good about them selves. I know a few people like this.

Back
Top Bottom