Any idea?

L0S3R

Elite Member
What do you think?

53f10e82248c8f116bd078dfabe50796.jpg
0a091fe868def0204899d9dd39156d0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without calipers it is difficult to say, however I would hazard a guess at it being a more modern .38 caliber pistol round.

Without calipers it is difficult to say, however I would hazard a guess at it being a more modern .38 caliber pistol round.

This, if it measures 0.358 it's 38 caliber. It would be called a flat base round nose.

Thanks y’all, I don’t have a mic. A measuring tape is all I have.

Last edited:
7 grams is approximately 110 grains.If it measures.358,it could be a .38 special.It could also be 9mm at .355-.356.I used to shoot a lot of 115 grain lead roundnose bullets for practice.

7 grams is approximately 110 grains.If it measures.358,it could be a .38 special.It could also be 9mm at .355-.356.I used to shoot a lot of 115 grain lead roundnose bullets for practice.

It’s a little bigger than a 9mm but smaller than a 45... I don’t have a mic though.

It was found on an old prison ground turned city park/lake (it’s actually a pond they just named it lake lol. Guns have been illegal to shoot on this property for 80-90 years since the prison was torn down.

Non-jacketed rounds for the .30 carbine are pretty unusual. Much more likely a pistol bullet.

Not if you cast bullets like I do. Cast run perfect in the Carbine. I used to shoot tons of them in the one I had.

The only way to make sure what it is is to get a diameter.

Not if you cast bullets like I do. Cast run perfect in the Carbine. I used to shoot tons of them in the one I had.

Wish I could but all I have is a measuring tape [emoji2371]

I said unusual, not non-existent. The chances of finding a cast .30 carbine bullet are rather slim. Most folks ran surplus while it was still available, and even the commercial stuff is almost always jacketed.

A revolver round, like a .32, is much more likely.

Back
Top Bottom