"Token Park" gives another one

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
I got done with work a little later than usual today but I still wanted to put in 20 minutes swinging at the old park on the way home.

At first I only dug a few rusty nails.. sort of figuring I was going to leave empty handed.

Started back towards my truck and came across a single direction wheatie tone about 7" deep.
I dug my plug and had to go down to about 8" before I found my target. I extracted the coin from a dirt ball to discover what I thought was a nickel.
I was going to go back in the hole with the pin pointer to try to find the "penny" I was picking up until I rubbed one side of the coin and discovered I had an old token!.......8th one from that park!

I'm going to soak it in some vinegar when I get home to get that crust off.
1e366f93d0bd17bfc60f31d9d5823331.jpg
7966e5c9e87af2570331c2caf5fd9e9a.jpg
f2a38c35cafb11803c1e1ee12ddf72eb.jpg
d25d34513a39c3671cab52dc01922ff3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Nice one, Tundra - you’re a token diggin’ machine! It cleaned up pretty nicely

I like digging tokens every bit as much as silver.

Absolutely - I love those tokens! Much more unique than silver, and they usually have a more local, researchable history associated with them. Great stuff!

Nice one, Tundra - you’re a token diggin’ machine! It cleaned up pretty nicely

Absolutely - I love those tokens! Much more unique than silver, and they usually have a more local, researchable history associated with them. Great stuff!
Thanks Airmet! I agree about the tokens.....very much more unique than silver!
Here is after a good soak in vinegar......
4bbd9c13fcd4acec13c9be0ab0d2472e.jpg
1740d16fb5a700244f38b6c99b132927.jpg

That's amazing you get so many tokens there, must have been a busy spot back in the day....
The park is right up from main street and used to be surrounded by businesses so I'm sure a lot of people have traveled through there especially back in the day when the city park was the place to go.

That park continues to live up to its name/ Congrats Tundra on yet another very neat Token. Trapper
Thanks Jack! It was a terrible signal so I'm surprised I even heard it. Hopefully there's a few more to be had!

Back
Top Bottom