I Love When This Happens!

Yeah, that’s a pretty cool picture. Seeds are starting to make their way into the fields and that part of the season is about over....but looking forward to nice flat bean stubble in the fall where there were cornstalks this spring! I see that little frozen Charlotte dollhead in your last photo...I often notice how similar your finds are to mine...good stuff!

Thanks teotw! Yep, the season is winding down, and I squandered a lot of the field hunting season hunting some new sites that I had high hopes for but didn’t pan out well :no: This one has been a solid performer, but I’m afraid it’ll get switched from beans to corn - it’s actually been beans for the last two years.

The Frozen Charlottes are fun - although this one was a bit creepy staring up at me from the ground when I eyeballed her:

05A2382C-268C-4228-BC0C-5322934CA4DA.jpg

Yep, we seem to have similar hunting locations and interests - I’m happy all day long with neat relics and stuff that I can research. Old coins are great, but I like dredging up something that can teach me about local history or give me a glimpse into life a century or so ago :cool3:

Congrats on the nice Indian head cent! You don't often hear accounts of those being "eyeballed". Sweet find! :clapping:

Thanks Princess! You’re right - usually my eyeball finds are buttons or larger brass items in these farm fields, so this was a treat! But by coincidence, my only other eyeballed older coin also came out of this field last year - a 1917 Buffalo nickel that stood out with a surprisingly green patina:

0F42FC08-EC66-4592-8D32-DA30931E7FE2.jpg

Here’s a link to the thread - the pic of the Buff was added in post 7:

Ghost Buttons

Back
Top Bottom