A mixture of finds (England)

Doug

Elite Member
A complete different set of finds from over the last 2 weeks.

Spoon handle was a 'mystery' item although I had seen something like it in the past it took a bit of detective work to get a positive ID.

Thanks for looking..........Doug.

A selection of coins.
6zvTqFM.jpg

Toy gun handle bottom(lead), Victorian brooch missing middle top.
UESUI1N.jpg

Assorted buckles.
KvMO7ot.jpg

Broken spoon handle.
oSieXaB.jpg

SBOnZLA.jpg

Bent copper alloy spoon handle dating to the Roman period AD 50-150. Bowl is missing, below an example of same.
6oxPXFW.jpg

I'd be jumping up and down with all those finds and you are so nonchalant about them. Couldnt imagine being able to be around such vast history. Great finds, thanks for sharing once again. I love to see your name in the featured threads

I'd be jumping up and down with all those finds and you are so nonchalant about them. Couldnt imagine being able to be around such vast history. Great finds, thanks for sharing once again. I love to see your name in the featured threads

Thank you.

The fun for me is researching both area's and the finds that come from them.

I do rely sometimes on professional help through the local museum for some of my ID's also there is a whole world of search facilities at my finger tips now through the computer.

Wow, would've never guessed that piece belonged to a spoon!

Thank you.

I have a record of items that I have logged in the PAS (Portable Antiquities Scheme) data base, one of them is a Roman spoon so when I checked that item on the data base I see the 'stepped' spoon also logged.

Nice finds. I recognize I think your little jew harp you dug. Looks like one. I dug 3 of those and didn’t think they were nothing but junk until a poster on another forum told me what it was.

More clues to the ages before you. Nice finds, and very nice work! Always enjoy your posts, Doug. Recognized or not, you are a professional. Thank you for posting on the Friendly!

Awesome finds as usual, and your ability to ID things is just as amazing!

Thank you all for the views and comments.

ID'ing various items that I have found I kind of start by thinking have I found something like it in the past?

I have over 3000 personal photographs of finds so I can go back and look through them if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom