Gold Chain ?????????????

:mad:

This chain was purchased at a jewelry store about 30 years ago.
It acid tested as 14k. The clasp has been replaced a few times. Could there have been a switch made?

When it comes to Gold.... DO NOT TRUST any jeweler! I wrote a big post a few years back how a reputable long time local jeweler skinned my ass for a simple solder repair job on a tiny safety chain...

My 14k bracelet went in for the safety chain repair weighing a certain amount, and came home weighing a 14k gram less!...!!!? Thats $25 dollars this bastard stole from me! Let alone the repair charge! FU Butters!

Extrapolate this over 40yrs of skimming gold with Aqua Regia, popping and replaceing old stones, and advertising 'free cleanings' etc...same bracelet, same scale..a couple weeks apart...

...I'm plotting my revenge!....I confronted him about the whole dirty deal..presented him with the photographic evidence, 'How come this chain weighs less than it did when I dropped it off?'

Wrote a big post about the experience and his paltry attempt at defense......the damn guy skimmed off a gram of 14k and even charged me for the repair?

It aint a lot of money, but This reprobatical gold stealing bastardly behavior simply cannot go unaddressed...I'm gonna get this guy!...When I do, this mutherhubbard wont know what hit him!...For sure I'll take pictures and do a post....It will involve a zucchini...It aint so much about he money, its the principal of the thing!:laughing:

Attachments

• bracelet oct 20.jpg
    bracelet oct 20.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 57
  • me oct.jpg
    me oct.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 58
  • oct 6-16-7.jpg
    oct 6-16-7.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Back