Contact Lenses

Jonesey89

Silly question I know, but to any members that may wear contact lenses, how do you psych yourself up to get them in and out of your eyeballs? I tried like the dickens to get them out during a consultation and ended up with dry, red, irritated eyes. After 29 years, I need glasses because my sight has gotten a lot worse the past decade or so. I don't think I'm going to mind my glasses, but due to work I'll have to wear safety glasses as well. With the cost of glasses, I'm going to have to take special care not to bend or scratch them. The original plan was to wear contacts while I'm working, and glasses at home. My job also requires a DOT physical which I almost failed the last time around. The consultant told me to pinch the lens to get it out of my eye but I got squeamish. I also got super frustrated because I couldn't grasp such a simple concept. I could see great with them in so any tips or tricks to get it down pat would be appreciated. They are daily contacts if that makes any difference. Thank you in advance!

Jonesey
I know nothing about contact lenses but in my 40's one day I went to my PC and everything was blurry over night. I bought 250 dollar glasses multiple times and hated every one of them, went to over the counter glasses from Wal-Mart.. same thing but they lasted longer.

FINALLY I went and had Lasix that was 10 years ago and I can honestly say it was the BEST thing I ever did for myself in my life.

If you can afford it I would definitely go that route eventually it will pay for itself in the savings from buying contact lenses.

My wife mentioned that as an option, I heard it's a super simple procedure and minimal pain. I think we will research it for sure! Thank you!

My wife mentioned that as an option, I heard it's a super simple procedure and minimal pain. I think we will research it for sure! Thank you!

very simple takes 10 minutes, no discomfort at all..

if you are over 40 they will do one eye for distance and one for close up and it all works together for both. You will have 20/20 the next day and be able to see the fingerprints on your finger..

I can HONESTLY say you will never regret it

good luck I know how frustrating vision can be !!

very simple takes 10 minutes, no discomfort at all..

if you are over 40 they will do one eye for distance and one for close up and it all works together for both. You will have 20/20 the next day and be able to see the fingerprints on your finger..

I can HONESTLY say you will never regret it

good luck I know how frustrating vision can be !!

how does doing one for distance and one for close up work you close one eye for driving and one for reading :shock:

Silly question I know, but to any members that may wear contact lenses, how do you psych yourself up to get them in and out of your eyeballs? I tried like the dickens to get them out during a consultation and ended up with dry, red, irritated eyes. After 29 years, I need glasses because my sight has gotten a lot worse the past decade or so. I don't think I'm going to mind my glasses, but due to work I'll have to wear safety glasses as well. With the cost of glasses, I'm going to have to take special care not to bend or scratch them. The original plan was to wear contacts while I'm working, and glasses at home. My job also requires a DOT physical which I almost failed the last time around. The consultant told me to pinch the lens to get it out of my eye but I got squeamish. I also got super frustrated because I couldn't grasp such a simple concept. I could see great with them in so any tips or tricks to get it down pat would be appreciated. They are daily contacts if that makes any difference. Thank you in advance!

I wore contacts for 20+ years. I wore hard, soft, disposable etc. They take a little practice but are very manageable. For the last few years I wore them I wore the dailies. Loved just throwing them away each day and starting with a fresh pair each day.

3 years ago I had LASIC. Best investment I ever made. I see better now than I ever did with contacts.

I wear contacts and hate them !!! I am going back to glasses as soon as I can afford a pair. I bought them to use while diving then started wearing them daily. My glasses got broken and now I am stuck and miserable. I have no problems inserting or removing them but by the end of the day they are terribly uncomfortable.

I've got bad eyes, always have, but the good thing is my other senses took over...Thats what I like about the Sport of Metal Detecting! Its Audio based! Its like a guy can 'see' down into the dirt with just his ears! All a guy really needs his eyes for is to drive from one spot to the next! Other than that, they are completely worthless and untrustworthy face hole portals...

As far as important senses go, Eyes are overrated, can get a guy in trouble even...For instance: "Does this dress make me look fat?" I'm like, "Hell No! You look Hot as hell!" Even though I can hear the floor joists are howling out in pain with a completely different opinion! :laughing::laughing:

Last edited:
Tried contacts once, for roughly a week. Took me an hour to get them in and out.

I just need them for reading, so I just buy the 3 pair/$10 reading glasses.

You can get prescription glasses with safety lenses.

Back
Top Bottom