Our Buick went to the beauty shop over the winter.

trailtwister

We have a 1985 Buick LeSabre limited collectors edition. We bought it August 2016. Went to many car shows in 2017 with it mostly Michigan's thumb.

413417388.jpg

It had been garaged kept till 2011 when it was rolled out to set out side so the recently widowed ladys daughter could store her junk when she moved in with her mom.

I first met this car Sunday Febuary 3d when I went with my future wife to visit her mom who had just gotten it from the dealer on Saturday. For me it was instant car love.

It was dearly in need of this beauty shop visit. the hood was dull even though it was wet despite my attempts to make it shine.

3aL0nUK.jpg

h6CtK8O.jpg

There was this surface rust on the right rear quarter the only rust on the car.

3xftnWK.jpg

a9ojb0a.jpg

The factory stripe was GM orginal.

TuH9E4B.jpg

Where the quarter panal meets the roof there was some paint damage.

132Ep7S.jpg

You can see the cracking and pitting in this picture.

k1jpXsQ.jpg

The badges were in bad shape also.

OF9w2XH.jpg

At some point the left quarter in front and over the wheel well was Keyed, repaired but started coming off as I washed it and applied some polish.

UUNxSw6.jpg

Finished product later.
:D Al

today the hood is shiny and it isn't even wet.

mgD9TGG.jpg

Overcast day so the colors did show up so well gray top and silver bottom.

XFC6Iww.jpg

The badges look like new to but are not as they are NLA from GM parts.

glrvoyy.jpg

Left side rear to front.

3LrYIuv.jpg

Right side rear to front.

LpzgvsZ.jpg

And the stripe is now painted on.

gprCMyj.jpg

If you see us at a car show this summer stop and say hello.

So far weather permitting we have Port Huron Mi, St. Johns Mi, Midland Mi, Shepard MI, Cadillac Mi, Back to the bricks Flint Mi on or go to list.

Will be up dateing as dates roll in to car shows dot com.

Awesome looking car. You don't see cars that age in Michigan very often. Looks brand spankin new. Well done.

It is a Michigan car too sold by Belford Buick Davison Michigan. BelFord was bought out by Jim Waldrin who retired a couple of years ago and is now tod Wenzel Buick.

Thanks for the nice comments.

She looks real good! Those big body 2 doors are getting hard to come by so it's nice to see someone save another one. Had a Delta 88 2 door that was a great highway car and unfortunately engine donor for the race rig after an ugly encounter with and errant tri-axle...:mad:

305 Chevy or 307 Olds in that beauty? Hopefully you got the Olds!! (I think I peek-a-booed an oil fill tube in the front. Congrats on the Olds roller cam motor) :aok:

Its the Olds with the 4 barrel carb.

413419167.jpg

Does well on Fuel for the size of the car. Which just floats with coil springs all 4 corners.
the interior is pretty comfy too.

413417391.jpg

I had a hunting partner that worked in Lansing at the Olds plant.
I say had as he passed in 2005.

Looks real nice. Last Buick I had was an Electra T Type. Came with a factory Bose stereo system:lol:

Sweet! I really like those cars. Reminds me of being young.

Someone up in the NE is refinishing this beauty. Was my wife's Grandmother's. Guy drove down with a hauler to bring it home.

BCD

Attachments

• 20170704_125450.jpg
    20170704_125450.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 143
Looks to be about a 1985 also. chrome along the base of ther doors and rocker panels.

Chevy?

A friend is rebuilding a 70 skylark.

64 Buick wildcat is what I drove in the early 80's when I was a teenager. What a boat but man could that car move.

Looks to be about a 1985 also. chrome along the base of ther doors and rocker panels.

Chevy?

A friend is rebuilding a 70 skylark.

Yop... Caprice Clasic. 60K miles and 8 track. Very similar to yours in paint and interior. I really wanted to keep it but the wife said I could have it or my boat.

BCD

I would have said good bye water boat and hello land yacht. After wife had enjoyed it for a bit a new boat could have been gotten for the water.

Back
Top Bottom