New Pinpointer

Captchip40

My Makro crapped out on me tonight while hunting only a month old. I'll send it back in for repair but did not want to be without a pointer so I went out and bought a White TRX. Can't wait to try it out. Seems like it may take some getting use to after watching a few you tube videos. I was use to the whole pointer being a a detector and not just the tip. I think I will like the button placement on the White's better, it just seems more convenient.

My Makro crapped out on me tonight while hunting only a month old. I'll send it back in for repair but did not want to be without a pointer so I went out and bought a White TRX. Can't wait to try it out. Seems like it may take some getting use to after watching a few you tube videos. I was use to the whole pointer being a a detector and not just the tip. I think I will like the button placement on the White's better, it just seems more convenient.

I got one last week, a Whites TRX.

It works well and I like that the tip is the 'active' spot... however, it also has a detection zone towards the base which is a little weird, in my opinion.

So one of the things I'm having some issues with is sensitivity settings. There are four. Almost every video and review talks about how the 4th setting is too sensitive and 'freaks out'. This is true.

Unfortunately for me, there must be a lot of mineralization or something in the soil around my area because it 'freaks out' a lot on 3 as well.

They do not document the sensitivity setting changes in the 'manual' that comes with the unit and I find it sometimes a bit awkward to adjust it on the fly.

It so much better than the bounty hunter unit I bought last month. There really is no comparison.

I got one last week, a Whites TRX.

It works well and I like that the tip is the 'active' spot... however, it also has a detection zone towards the base which is a little weird, in my opinion.

So one of the things I'm having some issues with is sensitivity settings. There are four. Almost every video and review talks about how the 4th setting is too sensitive and 'freaks out'. This is true.

Unfortunately for me, there must be a lot of mineralization or something in the soil around my area because it 'freaks out' a lot on 3 as well.

They do not document the sensitivity setting changes in the 'manual' that comes with the unit and I find it sometimes a bit awkward to adjust it on the fly.

It so much better than the bounty hunter unit I bought last month. There really is no comparison.

The sensitivity on the TRX is simple to adjust on the fly. If it seems chattery just hold the tip onto a space of ground by the hole and tap the button once. It's effectively doing a ground grab. I've always ran my TRX on setting 4. The fast grab tune works.

The sensitivity on the TRX is simple to adjust on the fly. If it seems chattery just hold the tip onto a space of ground by the hole and tap the button once. It's effectively doing a ground grab. I've always ran my TRX on setting 4. The fast grab tune works.

Yes, I understand that.

I'm talking about the change between settings 1 - 2 - 3 -4.

It takes a little getting used to. If I run it at 2 I don't have any issues but I don't get the depth I'd like. I try to stay at 3 unless it's too annoying.

Yes, I understand that.

I'm talking about the change between settings 1 - 2 - 3 -4.

It takes a little getting used to. If I run it at 2 I don't have any issues but I don't get the depth I'd like. I try to stay at 3 unless it's too annoying.

Mine never gets changed from 4. I'd find it really annoying to have to go through the routine for 1-2-3-4. Frankly though, I seldom get instability unless I GB the TRX a second time in open air. I also don't get 4 inches on setting 4, but marginally better distance than #3. Setting three for me gets me almost back to what my old ProPointers will get.

Hope you work it out. I'll continue at 4 and quick ground grab if it ever gets chattty. Martin

Depends on your ground and the average depth.. Mine has never been used on 4, 3 is fine for my location. I like the fact I can predict how deep the coin is by the speed of the beep.. 4" is never an issue with a setting of 3. My be a slow beep but I know exactly where the target is and how deep by the speed of the beep. Good luck with your new tool, you will really love it if you tend to pop coins with a probe.

Back
Top Bottom