AT Pro Headphone Adapter - sound still coming out of detector body?

Dougmeister

Elite Member
So I'm all excited to use my new TDK WR700's (WOOT deal). I ordered the AT Pro Headphone Adapter the same day and they arrived together. Perfect!

So I attach the WR700 adapter, then the 1/8" to 1/4" adapter (or whatever size it is), then the WR700 dongle. I put the headphones on and I hear the sounds, but they're ALSO coming from the metal detector?!

What gives? Did I get a defective adapter?

Edit: I should add that connecting the stock headphones still works as expected... no sound from the machine, all sounds coming through the headphones.

It may be the way the WR700 transmitter is wired to the jack. I say this because my CTX manual has a warning about the way the headphones have to be wired to cut off the internal speaker. I have a stereo/mono switch in line with my wired headphones that plug into the CTX wireless module. If I switch it to mono, I get no sound from the headphones.

Check the ATPro manual for something similar. Sorry, that's the only suggestion I have.

Yep, I ran into the same issue with my new TDK's and adapter. All good now, & unless it's freezing out, I will be wireless forever. :cool:

I had this one when I had my ATP wireless setup.

Look on Amazon...eBay may have them. Cost less than 10$

" Auvio In-Line Volume Control "

Last edited:
You will need a in line volume control from radio shack or similar. This will allow you to adjust the volume to a clearer sound.
picture.php

I don't understand how an in-line volume control will STOP the sounds coming from the AT PRO yet still allow the sounds to go to the wireless headphones.

I don't understand how an in-line volume control will STOP the sounds coming from the AT PRO yet still allow the sounds to go to the wireless headphones.

I don't recall having the issue you are having , I added the inline volume control to mine because the audio sounded overdriven so it helped eliminate that issue by adding the volume control.

my thoughts are...

Could be some sort of impendence issue causing your ATP to not realize you have the TDK WR700 headphones attached.

could be something simple ..some of those 1/8 to 1/4 adapters are cr@p maybe its something with that?

I think the detector is seeing too high of an impedance with the input to the wireless and it thinks nothing is plugged in. The volume control gives it a load and shuts off the detectors speaker.

Pretty sure you need a volume control anyway to prevent overloading the input.

I think the detector is seeing too high of an impedance with the input to the wireless and it thinks nothing is plugged in. The volume control gives it a load and shuts off the detectors speaker.

Pretty sure you need a volume control anyway to prevent overloading the input.

that's probably it.

Also make sure you have a stereo adapter, not mono.

I agree, most likely the adapter, speakers are usually physically switched out, not electronically. The inline volume control may not be needed, but really shouldn't effect sound coming out of the speaker. I use Bluetooth on my Tesoro, and my Bounty Hunter, neither of which required an inline volume control.

Back
Top Bottom